Chapter 24 // The Missing Cashier

Rebel tightened my leg with a soft bandaged. He wasn't the best at First Aid, but at least he was gentle with the wound, unlike Galf who would pluck out the worms from the wet ground.

"I would stay here a bit longer to chat with you guys again," Defect said, grabbing his silent pistol and shoving it down his military bag, "but Jard, Bobo and I got to get back to Galf's shop,"

"No problem!" Rebel answered with a straight smile, "me and the boys would probably see you around!"

Did Defect just forgotten why we went into this dimension in the first place?

"Wait! Rebel! We have a question to ask you!" I yelled as he looked at me, "do you know anything about her?"

I pulled out the sheet of paper from my pocket and pulled out the wanted poster that resembled a lot like Rose. Rebel grabbed the paper from my hands before looking closely at the paper, scanning every little detail on that inked poster.

"It looked as if it is the M.I.A," Rebel spoke, looking at me again with a serious expression, "we are trying to find her as well,"

"Was it because you wanted to rescue her from the misery of being chased by the Elysium Corporation like I did?" I asked, knowing that someone knew what happened.

Rebel shook his head.

"No, that wasn't the main reason," Rebel replied in slight sorrow and guilt, "you see, we are trying to get artifacts too. Rose or simply the M.I.A has so much valuable information on the locations of the artifacts. She is the only researcher who knows the patterns of the artifacts spawn locations. Some even say she knows how the artifacts are even created in different dimensions,"

"Woah, she must have been travelling to dimensions and staying in there for an hour!" Bobo added, leaning on his baseball bat.

"Sounds crazy, but it is true," Rebel continued, fiddling with his pistol in his hands, "it was the reason why she ran away from the Elysium Corporation; it wasn't long to make her notice that they are doing nothing but using her to locate artifacts before it was announced to spawn,"

Back then, Rose was working for the Elysium Corporation for a long time ever since I joined. If Rose does know all the information about the artifact's location, how come they needed me for all the navigating? Was it all for nothing?

"Of course, Rose refused to spread her research. As a result, she ran away from the corporation when it was her time to hand in all of her data," Rebel said, "for us rebels, we thought it was a good opportunity to steal her information. So, Jard, I am assuming that you are trying to find her to win her heart?"

"What?! Who even told you that?!" I screamed in shock and embarrassment as Bobo rolled on the floor crying, "and no! I do NOT have a crush on her! Why does everyone ask me this?!"

"Admit it, Jard! You said you once had a crush on her!" Bobo got up, pulling himself together.

"Shut up,"

"We should really get going," Defect interrupted, staring at the radar from my backpack.

"Alright!" I said covering my face partially from the situation.

I dropped my backpack before putting the radar closer to my mouth. I licked around my lips so that the dried cracks were moistured and ready to go.

"Galf! We are heading back,"

A silence was the next thing we heard. I waited patiently as the communication device was awaiting for his response.

"Galf?"