Chapter 19 // Child Leash

This was the day that I was hoping for. After almost a full week without going anywhere but Galf's little shop, he was ready to give me the green light to go on expeditions again. Fantastic. However, only in one condition...

"Alright, put these on Jard and then we can go to Underground Facility,"

Defect handed me a tight roped material with two bands attached to one long string. A child leash would probably be the last thing I would wear in public. Galf told me that just in case I lose control again, he wanted to wear that shit for the entire expedition as he knew how eager I was to come. There is no way I am putting that thing on; I don't think a college student would be wearing them outdoors.

"Don't worry, Galf confirmed there won't be any more people beside us there," Bobo added, chiming into the conversation.

I hope so. Those survivors would be looking at me, wondering that the world's wanted man is being pulled by a child leash.

"Still, I am not putting them on!" I grunted, pushing the leash away from me.

"Jard..." Defect pronounced my name in a stern voice. It slightly scared me.

After a few minutes, I gave into the Underground Facility trip with the child leash on, but it is only for those 15 free colas at the end. Galf gave us a thumbs up before us three emerged from the other side of the dimensional portal.

"Good luck out there! There will be a special round happening!" Galf yelled from the mirroring side, "Defect Rebel, don't forget to tell Jard to finish his vegetables!"

"GALF!"

There was a playful laughter at the other side before the door of the dimensions shut close. That trickster got me again. Bobo giggled with laughter as Defect facepalmed after smiling at his statement. Way to go, Galf. 

The dimension was pitch black. We were standing on metal bars and levitated many feet above the ground. I looked down, it was nothing but an endless drop into the abyss. This place would make an acrophobic person have a heart attack. In front of us there was a glass door. It seems that this company in the Underground Facility has hired a professional window cleaner. Before I could turn the handle, I heard the sound of footsteps as it grew louder and louder.

"HELL YEAH!"

Bobo jumped at the door before kicking it down like a cassowary attack. The door flew open as the hinges snapped. If there is a certificate for hating doors, that reward would be given to Bobo. He looked behind, staring at Defect and I with a huge smile.

"You kind of look funny with Defect pulling you on that child leash," he teased, "Ironically, I am 'the child' here,"

"Shut up," I muttered.

"Quit horseplaying you two, the nextbots are going to wake up soon," Defect shushed both of us with his hands on the leash.

There was a sudden jump of my heartbeat, I sensed that a nextbot is near us, but everywhere I looked around doesn't seem to be any png like shape. The noise grew louder and louder, and the sound of my heart pounding became more noticeable.

"you're too slow, You're too slow, YOU'RE TOO SLOW!"

SHIT! This must be the invisible special round! Defect noticed too before grabbing Bobo with his friend and attempted to run away from the vicious cry of the nextbot. I wanted to run towards the nextbot in attempt to run past it before it could land a hit on me, only to forget that I am attached to the child leash. My body flung forward as seen as Defect took off. I landed on my back before brutally being dragged onto the metal floor below. 

"OW! FU-"

Defect took a sharp turn from the metal bar route. My face flew into the tall thick pole before repositioning to wear Defect was running. I coughed that glowing green liquid from the impact before feeling a bit dizzy in the head. I couldn't believe it, that stuff is green now! It made me look like something other than a normal human being. I am thankful that I am not the only one who had forgotten about the child leash. 

"Ouch! Sorry, Jard!" Defect yelled as he took another sharp turn.

Again, my face heavy collided with another metal pole, more revolting green saliva flew out of my mouth and onto the floor. I am starting to think Defect purposefully wanted me to collide with the metal poles; he probably wants me dead. I looked behind me to see where the hell Defect is at, my heart dropped when I saw another sharp turn. From all the spinning around, being kissed by many metal poles and Defect's careless backseat dragging is making me sick. I hovered my hand over my mouth, trying extremely hard not to make a gooey mess.

Finally, we had reached the door, but it was closed. I looked forward, although I might not see the bot, I could sense that it was chasing us, with their hungry looking eyes. Simply turning the handle would lead to our doom, so you would probably guess what Defect did.

"GET OUT OF THE WAY, YOU FUCKING DOORS!"

He leaped into the air similar to Bobo before kicking the doors down, allowing them to fly right into the building and leaving small bits of debris flying around. Defect took his chance to make one last sharp turn. Instead of a 90-degree turn, it was a complete U turn. Before I could react, my body collided with that stupid wall. I couldn't hold it much longer. I squinted my eyes before opening my mouth. When I opened them again, I noticed that I had made art. A giant blob of green liquid printed on the wall. I've got to admit it, it was a pretty nice artwork. Even if the Underground Facility cleaners couldn't clean it off, they would probably need to spice up the place with art anyway.

Defect stopped at his tracks, knowing that the nextbot sounds had completely disappeared. I meekly checked my timer to see if it was time yet. There was only one minute left and that nextbot would probably still be chasing us. That Sanic nextbot was chasing us until now, but it seemed like it ran away; scared by something. What is going on?!

"Huh- It's gone," Defect said, letting go of Bobo from his hand, "so, where's Jard?"

Seriously...

Defect then quickly looked behind him and noticed me laying on the floor trying to recover from the regurgitating experience. He then covered his mouth in shock.

"Oh, my UEC, I am so sorry! I got caught up with running away with the nextbot!"

"It's fine Defect," I meekly answered, trying to get up, "maybe I should take another break from another expedition,"

Bobo walked a meter closer to me and examined my face. 

"Jard, you have some green liquid pouring out of your mouth!" Bobo said with a slightly disgusted expression.

I stuttered before wiping my mouth with my black hoodie. I looked down to find a smudge of glowing green liquid settling into the thick clothing. It must have been sliding at the corner of my mouth when Defect went crazy with the sharp corner turns. From all of that pulling on the child leash, my chest was tight. I could feel the circulation getting cut off from my arms. I pulled on the straps to allow blood flow to my blood hungry arms. 

"Well, I guess that is over, we should take a break-"

Another roar of crazy sounds echoed through the hallway. It seems to be another nextbot.