Chapter 3 // The Rebels

"Ughh... No, NO!" I answered as I let go of Bobo's hand, "Galf, this isn't what it looks like?"

Galf could do nothing but stand there, watching Bobo curiously look around his tiny shop. He quietly stood in front of the bronze teleporter, admiring its lustrous bronze color and smooth texture. 

"Woah, you actually got the bronze teleporter?" Bobo spoke, looking at me with starry eyes, "you did this all alone?"

"Well, yeah," I nervously answered, "I just go around different dimensions and find them every once in a while,"

"That is so cool!" he screamed as he ran around the shop and inspect the other artifact that I had either found or stolen. 

"No running, please!" Galf said as he cleaned the mugs, "anyway, Jard, what did you have this time,"

I reached into my backpack and pulled out the neon shades from the Jungle's artifact pedestal. It seemed to be glowing brightly, painting my hand with its neon orange light. Galf grabbed his magnifying glass before closely inspecting the mysterious cosmetic artifact. He finally looked up to me, meeting his eyes with mine.

"It seems to be the orange neon shades," he replied, "I'm assuming they are worth around 35 points," 

I was pretty upset; they were barely even worth a three-quarters as much as the last artifact I had found. Galf walked towards the counter before counting the notes he was about to repay me.

"Although it wasn't as much as the last one, an artifact is still an artifact," he said, dumping a couple of notes into my hands, "that is around $1050,"

Hey, the pay wasn't that bad. I watched Galf grabbing the shades and placing them right beside the bronze teleporter. Bobo got a stool, standing on it to see the shade's glowing orange magic into his eyes.

"Mr. Shopkeeper," Bobo asked as Galf looked up, "what are these artifacts used for?"

"Glad you asked," Galf answered as he picked up Bobo from the stool and placing him back onto the floor, "you see, Jard and I work as a team in this shop. I sell the artifacts for points and money and Jard goes out to refill the stock with much more interesting items,"

"I see," the small child understood as he sat down on the stool, "so, you two are the rebels?"

"Who the fuck are the rebels?" I asked before Galf punched me in the shoulder... where the injury is again, "OUCH!"

"Jard! Language!" Galf harshly commented as he smiled at Bobo, "sorry, but we do not work for the rebels. Do you mind if you could explain?"

"Happy to do so!" Bobo said as he stood up from his sitting position. I am assuming he did that so we could hear him clearly.

I swallowed every information that he had said. Some of the words in his long speech choked me every second. The rebels, people who were also going after the artifacts that spawn every round in a dimension, are violent people who will not hesitate to shoot anybody in its path. Their presence scares the nextbots, forcing them to hide in their tiny burrows. At this point, I felt bad for the Yippee or the Nerd Emoji who might tried appearing in these monster's paths. I don't usually feel empathy for a nextbot. Not those blood sucking monsters.

"The rebels you say?" Galf repeated in curiosity as he grabbed out a thick book from his shelf, "you mean those group of people who go against the rules of the Elysium?"

"I think so," Bobo answered, but by the look on his face, I knew he knows it is true. 

God dammit why does everything have to link with the Elysium company?!

"I see what you mean," Galf understood as he looked towards me, "if you want to know, they are also known as the rebellion group. A group of people who refuse to follow the law. For many years, I heard that they take down many men who tried to snatch the artifact away from them. So, you might have a chance that you cross paths. Be careful though, I had researched that they use bullets that can easily pierce through metal walls,"

I blinked. Now that's one of my reasons why I didn't want to do an expedition where there is a lot of people in that dimension. I had no choice, but to risk every dimension with huge amounts of people in it, just to snatch an artifact to keep my life afloat. Bobo grabbed my arm tightly.

"Mister, I could go with Jard when they did manage to shoot him down," he said, "at the Elysium I was taught basic first-aid skills,"

"Are you sure? The expeditions are usually dangerous, especially for children just like you," Galf said with a worried face.

"I'm not a child, I'm 15,"

"That is still considered a child, Bobo," I sarcastically replied, rolling my eyes.

"Whatever..."

I looked at the $1050 stash that Galf payed me. I was surprised how much those neon shades worth, I originally predicted that artifact was worth around $600 or $900. This got me thinking, now that Bobo is in how dimension, where was he going to live? Who was going to look after him? Do I really need to share my tiny apartment with him? Galf looked deeply in my eyes, knowing exactly what I was thinking.

"You don't need to worry about it, Jard," he smiled, "I will take care of Bobo for you. In the meantime, he will help you during your interdimensional travels for your expeditions,"

"Yay!" Bobo cheered as he hugged Galf, "thank you, Mr. Shopkeeper,"

"Call me Galf," he softly responded, "I will show you the way to your bedroom, it's a spare room that I was hoping a guest might stay,"

We walked into the tiny hallway of the shop as Galf opened the door to Bobo's new bedroom. It was as scruffy as my apartment, but it has a small, comfy bed with a brown quilted blanket. There was a small empty shelf that was built with shiny dark oak and on top of the shelf was a small snow globe, representing the beginning of Christmas Eve. Honestly, this room would be suitable for me if I was 10 years younger.

"Sorry if the room looks a bit old and molded away," Galf sighed, "but I hope you might find the bed a bit comfy,"

Bobo's face was shocked. His eyes were as wide as dinner plates and words were brutally held back from his mouth. All of the sudden, a small explosion inside of him happened, he was happier than I could ever imagined.

"I LOVE IT!" he screamed, jumping on the bed, "I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!"

"I'm glad you liked it," Galf said, pleased by his enthusiasm. 

I looked at the clock before turning to Galf. 

"In about 3 hours, another artifact will appear at Four Corners," I said, "what should I do now?"

"I don't know, do whatever you want," Galf said as he leaves Bobo's room, "don't forget to bring Bobo with you, I don't want you severely injured from the nextbots,"