Chapter 5 // Sugar Rush

Even though I had been through the Four Corners many times to get the artifacts, often times I am confused on where the artifact appears. Usually there is a particular spot in a dimension that is easily recognizable to predict where the artifact was going to be. However, Four Corners was like a hallway of doors, not knowing which corner would contain the prize. It was going to take a while to get back to Galf's shop, even after all the effort from evading the nextbots. I checked the clock, about a minute and a half before the artifact is revealed. After that, I can finally take off this stupid hat, I've already missed my cap. 

With a huge sigh, I grabbed another can of cola from my pocket and opening it, letting out a fizz from the escaping carbon gas. With about 10 extra people being chased by the nextbot about there, I can finally relax and chill in the long hallway where almost nobody could find me. I brought the can to my lips.

"Jard! That was your 11th cola! That's enough!"

Bobo dragged my arm downwards, pulling the drink away from my mouth. I missed out on my relaxing drink.

"Why did you do that?" I asked with a slightly pissed expression on my face.

"You drowned yourself on too many colas," Bobo answered, trying to take the drink out of my hands, "besides! We are here to take the artifact! Not to sit down in a corner and relax,"

I had no idea where Bobo's persistence came from, probably from the fact I drank more colas than I am supposed to be drinking. I got to admit, I do have an addiction to these things, but it's seriously hard to get over it. 

"Bobo, just one more cola-" I pleaded as I lift my arm again to drink the sweet solvent.

"No, Jard!" Bobo said harshly, "Enough is enough!"

It was too late, the fizzy liquid slid down my throat. The sugar punched my taste buds, sending out happy signals to my nerves. My frown disappeared completely as I felt corners of my mouth. A feeling of hyperactivity washed over me. Bobo watched the unusual energy unfold.

"Is everything alright there?"

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

My legs sprinted around in single circle with uncontrollable manner. My eyes bulged like plates as adrenaline took over my entire body. I was barely aware of my surroundings and letting my legs take me wherever they would take me. It was like a free luxury drive, in this small world I travelled everywhere. It felt like I was riding a horse in Candyland. The overwhelming smell of the cola was like a dream. Every second my body felt like picking up more inches of speed, accelerating faster than it could handle. It was like an enjoyable anesthetic, where I could imagine myself to be anywhere in the world.

"FUCK YEAH!!!!" I screamed in the top of my lungs, "I COULD GO ON AND ON LIKE THIS FOREVER!"

Suddenly, a pain stung on my left cheek. Someone smacked me in the face. I blinked in confusion as I pieced out the current situation. As I slowly gained consciousness, I saw Bobo with a straight face. Although he had seen me horsing around too much, he still kept an odd smile. However, it wasn't like any other smiles. It wasn't those soft smiles Galf flashes, but those 'disappointment' smiles. Was I really that silly that much?

"Dude, were you okay?" Bobo asked me in concerned, still putting a smile on his face, "you went into a sugar rush? Didn't you?"

I guess I kind of did. I wasn't fully conscious on what I was saying, I was completely drawn into the mood of being in Candyland from far away. Trying to regain my senses, I looked at Bobo and opened my mouth to ask a question.