Chapter 10 // Lemon

(A/N. The cat is originally owned by IdioticIceFairy I AM SORRY IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME ADDING THE CAT TO THIS CHAPTER ;w;)

Like every day, I stared at my apartment ceiling. So far, I had counted every crack on the roof of the small room. It was 8 am in the morning, the last break day before I had to get up from my butt and start stealing again from different dimensions. It was time for breakfast, I wonder what Galf is cooking. I stretched my arm towards the table to grab my-

... Hang on, where's my cap?

I sat up from my bed to take a better look. My cap did indeed went missing, all I see was my alarm clock. I looked at the clothes hanger to check if a possible clothes thief snatched my clothing. My warm, black hoodie was still there, thank God. Then what could possibly want an old, messy black cap? I stood up from my bed before grabbing the giant, baggy hoodie, allowing the black, comfortable material sink into my palms. I quickly put it on, letting the hoodie cover my loose snow-white shirt. At least I didn't lose it, I didn't want to run around in dimensions with nothing but a white shirt.

"Maw..."

There was an animal-like noise in the room. Since when did I own a cat? Behind me was a small yellow cat. Its eyes were pure black, but it stared at me with cheeky and loving eyes. It took me a few seconds to realize what it was holding in its mouth. The shape seems to be familiar.

"Wait! That's my hat!" I yelled as the cat ran out of the apartment. 

I am pissed, robbed by a small animal? I dashed out the door, grabbing my backpack and slamming the apartment door behind me.

The small yellow animalia thief turned to a sharp corner before trotting down the huge flight of stairs. It was a big chase of cat and mouse, except the cat is the mouse and the human being is the cat. The chase was located in the spiral of stairs, round and round we go. There was light at the end of the spiral as the cat passed the small arch of the entrance of the apartment before I reached the end of the spiral staircase. The streets were lightly dried from the morning Sun, but you could clearly tell it was raining last night. As last resort, I leaped towards the cat, curving my hands over its small body. I bellyflopped onto the hard, stone floor, but I could feel soft fur in my hands.

"Got you!" I smiled as I held the cat around its waist.

"Ah, you found Lemon for me!" a voice said above, "sorry about, she does sometimes collect other people's hat,"

It was Galf.

"Oh, hi Galf!" I said, getting onto my feet while still holding the yellow puffball, "is this your cat?"

"Yes, it is! I just got her today!" Galf answered with glee, taking her off my hands, "her name is Lemon, she was a cat I found on the streets,"

"Shouldn't you return her to her owner?" I asked in concern, Galf shrugged in response.

"I don't think she has one, she began following me from the other side of the town,"

I looked at Lemon as she looked at me with her adoring eyes, even though her eye lids were closed shut. Her soft yellow fur slowly danced with the wind like reeds bending down in the breeze. I carefully grabbed my cap and pulled it out of her mouth. She obligates.

"Good, Lemon," I said, patting the cat on the head.

"Meow,"

Bobo walked out of the shop, and you would guess the reaction on his face when he saw the yellow fluffy cat. He rushed from the entrance of the shop before hugging the poor cat's neck. He puts his face extremely close to its thick fur.

"Oh, my goodness, it's so CUTE!" Bobo muffled as he dug his face into the bushy fur.

Not long after, Defect came out of the store. He watched Bobo being very affectionate to the yellow feline for a few seconds before opening his mouth to announce something.

"Breakfast is ready!"

Defect can even cook. This guy must have had a lot of talent trained when he volunteered to be a rebel. On the table, I saw the "breakfast" that Defect made. There was a huge plate of boiled eggs with a smudge of soy sauce. Each plate consists of one strip of bacon and a large portion of scrambled eggs, lightly sprinkled with salt and pepper. 

Without hesitation, Bobo sat in his seat before shoving the entire bacon into his mouth. Stars form in his eyes.

"This is so good!" Bobo muffled, with a mouth full of food.

I sat down at my food and looked at the lustrous bacon and eggs. The delicious smell was overwhelming, even I could taste the steam. I sawed the bacon with the plastic knife before putting the piece into my hungry mouth. It was perfect. Just the right amount of oil and the perfect spices. 

"Where did you learn how to cook like that?" I asked Defect, "I had never tasted anything this delicious in my life,"

"I used to be part of the rebels and it was my job to cook food for them," Defect nervously laughed, patting his own back, "guess I am used to cooking this way,"

---

Afternoon was a warm breeze. I watched the sun slowly going to bed from the roof of Galf's shop. Although I had seen it many times before, it was always satisfying to worth another view of the beautiful show. 

A warm fur touched my arm as it purred loudly. Lemon was brushing herself on my wooly hoodie. Galf giggled beside me as Lemon sat on my legs.

"She likes you as soon as she saw you," he friendly mocked.

I could hear Lemon's small snores. Her rough breath vibrated on my lap as I gently ran my fingers down her soft yellow coat. Maybe Galf is right, she does like me. I reached for my cap before pulling it off, letting my poofy yellow hair have fresh air. I looked at Lemon before plopping the cap onto its head.

It is so cute. Good cat, Lemon!

"Welp, now I am going to explain your next expedition tomorrow!" Galf spoke as he reached for his clipboard, "yesterday, the Elysium Corporation retrieved an ancient artifact,"

"You want me to steal from the corporation again?" I asked, knowing what Galf was going to say.

"Correct!" Galf replied, "Bobo will be with you, again!"

"Can I come?" Defect asked, peering from the ladder to the roof, "I can stock myself with weapons just in case if things really did go bad like last time,"

"Sure, you can!" Galf accepted politely.

"So, what you guys are doing?" Bobo shouted, standing on the ground below us.