Chapter 15 // Under the Green Weather

So far, I had been travelling in this flesh like hallway for at least 10 minutes. Everything seemed to look the same to me. Green glowing slime dripped from the sticky ceiling as small disgusting worms emerged from slimy pores. The smell was so horrendous I was forced to bring my white shirt up to my nose. This place is a jungle. Lime colored gooey tentacles are like vines and huge disgusting bugs are the animals in the jungle. I am starting to think that the legend was right, we would probably never get out of this dimension. All of this was for Galf, who was enthusiastic about the data in this dimension. 

My hands reached for the backpack again, wrapping around the handle of the rejected sword shaped artifact. As I walked deeper and deeper into the faded pitch-black tunnel, the sword glow brighter and brighter, with its gentle red glow collide with the green flesh hallway. I thought back to when I originally found it, originally how it was completely painted in cheap green paint. Maybe there is something to do with it? Or was it some kind of average teenage prank? It could be something wrong with its original color, red was probably a sign of death. That could be the reason why Galf rejected it from his shop.

The tunnel was completely endless. Did I just lose track on where I am? Hopefully not, it would be horribly embarrassing to be lost as an experienced navigator. But there had to be another room or hallway connecting to this tunnel. I wouldn't be surprised that the Catacombs scares Galf when we get back.

My clothes are ruined by the dimension. There are smudges of glowing green slime printed on parts of my casual clothes. The lime goo somehow leaked into the ceiling of my cap, coating my yellow hair with showers of revolting liquid. Every time I turn around, a trail of slime ooze down my face.

I stopped to my tracks to find my entrance is blocked by vines of slimy tentacles. This is probably the most vulgar expedition I had ever been through. I stretched my hand out to the vines in attempt to go through, only to immediately jerk back from the cold, sticky touch. The 'vines' are so thick and there doesn't seem to be anyway to get through...

"The energy sword!" I muttered to myself, lifting the sword closer to my face.

Voices of Galf's stern warnings echoed through my head as I locked my eyes to its ominous glowing red blade. What does he mean by using the sword properly? Like using the sword to wave around enemies and slice them in half like a swordsman? There had to be another use of this sword.

With no other options left, I gripped the handle before swinging the blade at the tentacle like vines. It surprisingly went as well as expected, the long and thin green entities cleanly sliced, dropping to the wet ground like flies. 

Great. My blade is now covered in that disgusting saliva of the vines. I don't even want to put it back in my backpack now. I continued walking down the hallway of smelly odor and strange forestry. There was a huge room, carved by little green glow worms that nest in the hard solid rocks and bits of alien-like shrubs surrounding the small area. In the middle, there was a large flower bud.

"Well, that's interesting," I said, hearing my voice being repeated by the echoes, "I might as well take some data, Galf might be interested in this sort of shit,"

I pulled out a clipboard from my bag. I don't miss the edges of the marvelous discovery; my fingers carefully traced and copy the shape of the bud. The bud seemed to be light green. Unlike its surroundings, it wasn't coated with revolting slime, but rather a lightful scent. It improved the air quality of the tight room of vines. I thought it has to be the perfect time to take a deep breath in. I dragged my white shirt from my face, letting my nose sniff the sweet scent.

"Isn't that bad," I laughed, holding the sword near the bud as a light source, "it smells like lavender and roses,"

There was a sudden jolt from the ground below me, like a short earthquake. My body immediately flinched at the jerky movement. My eyes widened in a mixture of fear and confusion. Sounds of what it seems to be flesh regenerating came over into my ears. I turned back to see three thick vines striking towards my direction.