EIGHT

The next day Jungkook came out of his room only to be greeted by his two hyungs. Both Jimin and Taehyung had their arms crossed across their chest and their eyes intensely boring holes into him.

Oh man, he's so dead.

He smiled nervously and hurriedly turned back to open the door and was just about to get inside but Jimin's small hand tightly held his arm as he faked a smile. "Jungkoooookieee. . .why're you going in?"

Jungkook flinched at the uncanny affectionate tone. Nevertheless he dared to ask, "Hyung, are you drunk?"

"No, I'm not." He said with a gleaming smile, "But sure you were that day." His expression changed in milliseconds as he threw daggers at him.

"Why did you give me the wrong message?" Taehyung asked sternly, stepping closer to him.

He gulped, then asked meekly, "When did you find out?"

"Last night."

Flashback starts*

"Ok, what did the idiot cookie say to you?"

"That. . .that you love me."

Jimin took a long deep breath before asking him, "What do you think? I want your honest answer."

"I. . .I don't think you love me. . ."

"You think so, right?"

"Jimin, I-"

"Idiot, just answer."

"Yes, I think so!" Suddenly he shouted, feeling highly offended by the word 'idiot'. "And it won't change anything.  Cause I'll never love you back, you know!" 

"Exactly! That's the thing I wanted to hear. Thank God that you didn't fall for me." He sighed in relief.

"What. . .?" Taehyung asked in confusion.

"Jungkook lied. To you."

"Really?"

"Yes, I just told him to give a simple 'thanks' to you from me. And the coconut head turned that into 'I love you.' "

"Ohmygod, really?"

"Yes!"

"Then really thanks to the almighty God. Gosh, I thought I would hurt your feelings by rejecting you. You know I even choked on water when I heard the false message."

Jimin just scoffed at him, again silence fell between them.

But then Jimin asked something unexpected,

"What if we really fall in love someday?"

And flashback ends before Taehyung's answer (;

"What even made you think this, Jungukkie?" Taehyung asked, he looked clearly pissed off.

"Uh I thought that. . ."

"That?"

"Youtruelyloveeachother."

"What?" Both gasped loudly, "How could you think so?"

"What even made you think this?" Taehyung asked incredulously.

"You two always give the vibe. . .um kind of hate-love relationship. You two actually care for each other but play act you dislike each other."

"We don't. . ."

"Dislike each other." Taehyung finished.

"It's just that we feel comfortable in this way. I guess bickering, nagging and insulting each other has become our habits these days." Jimin laughed timorously.