A Ditsy Morning for Dupain-Cheng

It's Monday morning in Paris, where at the Boulangerie Patisserie, Marinette sleeps lazily on her bed, dreaming about Adrien Agreste, that is until her mother, Sabine Cheng, calls her from downstairs.

Marinette: "Marry me, Adrien. Let's have a hamster together. We'll call it..."

Sabine: "Marinette, spring break's over; time for school."

Mari drowsily rolls around on her mattress, stretching her tired limbs.

Marinette: (Yawn) "Five more minutes, mom."

Sabine: "Alya's outside waiting for you honey."

Marinette: "Oh shoot! I can't keep Alya waiting!"

Without a minute to spare, the absentminded Mari quickly grabs her custom-made handbag before making her way downstairs, looking quite underdressed.

Tikki: "Marinette, aren't you forgetting something?"

Tikki points at her holder's apparel, reminding Mari that she's not wearing the right clothing for school.

Marinette: "Oh right, my pajamas! Thanks, Tikki."

The scene transitions to Marinette descending the staircase, this time in her regular clothes. Sabine hands her daughter a lunch bag before she heads off.

Marinette: "Thanks mom, love you."

Mari says as she kisses her mother on the cheek, sharing her everlasting affection.

Sabine: "I love you too, honey, now hurry on."

Marinette exits the bakery to meet Alya Césaire, who patiently waits outside the building for her BFF.

Marinette: "Sorry I took so long, Alya."

Alya: "It's alright, bestie. School hasn't started yet."

As the girls saunter their way to school, an exhausted Mari lets out a cute little yawn, due to her lack of sleep from yesterday's patrol.

Alya: "You seem tired, girl. What kept you up?"

Hesitantly, Marinette tries to make up a harmless little fib that would protect her identity as Ladybug.

Marinette: "Oh, I... uhm, I... Well-"

Alya: "No wait, lemme guess. You were up all-night thinking about Adrien, right?"

Considering how Alya's assumption would be a likely reason why she wouldn't get enough sleep, Marinette goes along with it.

Marinette: "Uh... yep, you nailed it."

Both girls giggle as they continue their walk.