The Homestay Dilemma: Captain Stacy

The time shifts to 8:00 pm in Manhattan, and Spider-Man swings past OsCorp, while contemplating deeply on how leaving New York would affect its people's safety.

Spider-Man: (In his head) "Would being far from home for just a couple months be too much of a public hazard? I mean, sure, Tombstone's in hot water with the FBI, but the city's still Spider-Man's responsibility; it's almost like my bread and butter. I can't look the other way, especially not with Vulture, Hammerhead, or Mysterio still on the loose."

Spidey sticks to a twelve-story building.

Spider-Man: (In his head) "But Gwen and Aunt May are right, I can't let this trip go to waste either. Question is: Who'll take Spidey's place while he's on his French vacation? (Sigh) What I wouldn't do for Colonel Jupiter to be a hero again."

Spider-Man spots the New York Police Station and sparks an idea.

Spider-Man: "Captain Stacy, maybe he'd be of some help. Gotta keep it vague as possible though."

Spidey spins a web and swings into the station. He leaps through an office window and finds Captain George Stacy working on his computer, filling out paperwork for arrest reports.

Spider-Man: "Good evening, Detective."

Captain Stacy: "Was expecting you'd show again. To what do I owe your visit?"

Spider-Man: "Listen, I need your help with something important. I've got this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and it kinda' involves me leaving the city for a while. Three months per se?"

Captain Stacy is already aware of the Student Exchange Program, on account of his position instructing M-Cubed's criminology seminar, and because his daughter, Gwen had informed him that she and Pete were offered an application to enroll. Though Captain Stacy secretly knows Spider-Man's identity, he chooses to keep it confidential to protect Peter, his aunt, and closest friends. The police captain was rather waiting for the Web-Head to show up in his office and consult him about his predicament.

Spider-Man: "Thing is, I really don't want anyone getting hurt while I'm gone, so you mind helping a spider out?"

Captain Stacy: "Well, crime rates have been dropping alarmingly low now that the Big Man, L. Thompson Lincoln, is under government surveillance. And our friends, Doc Ock and Silvio Manfredi no longer pose any threats back under custody. I suppose there wouldn't be too much harm if you left."

Spider-Man: "Ok, but what about the other supervillains? Aren't they still out there?"

Captain Stacy: "We already have that covered. You see, we've studied your methods battling the likes of the Sandman and Kraven the Hunter. To that we've invested in some special equipment for their occasions."

Spider-Man: "Special equipment?"

Captain Stacy: "Pressurized water, tranquilizer darts, any possible contingency."

Mr. Stacy stands up from his chair and places his hand on Spidey's shoulder.

Captain Stacy: "You have nothing to stress over Spider-Man. New York will be on very high alert while you're on your trip."

Spider-Man: "You're really willing to do this for me?"

Captain Stacy: "Consider it repayment. Clearing my debt. After all, you saved my daughter from the Master Planner. I'm happy to return the favor, my friend."

Spider-Man: "Wow, thanks... Mr. Stacy. Uh, stay safe."

Captain Stacy: "You as well. Stay out of trouble."

Spidey shoots a web and hops out the window. As the arachnid exits, Mr. Stacy grins, proud that the Web-Head trusts him as much as he does.