5 |his world|

I open my eyes and my vision is all blurry and my head is pounding. The deranged sound of ringing in my ears makes me want to ball up on the ground and cry.

"W-whats happening." I hold my head in my hands.

"Luv! There you are. That was a nasty hit you took. You ok?" Hobie runs over.

Hobie was here, but what was happening, why can I barely see. What did I get hit with. What is going on.

"Luv?" Hobie helps me up.

"Hobie, what's happening?" I say as my eyes finally focus on his face.

"You got hit pretty hard didn't you." Hobie says taking my hand. "You got hit in the head." He says gently.

"Shit..." I mumble.

I start to notice the landscape behind him, it was desolate, the ground was dry and cracked. It smelt of smoke, and it was thick.

"Luv come on we have to get you out of here." Hobie say as he begins to guide me but my legs are basically noodles and I crumple to the ground.

"Y/n!" He yells as he kneels down.

The smoke must have gotten to much me I felt my breath getting shallow and my chest tightness.

"Hobie.." I say weakly. My body felt heavy and I can barely move at all what is going on with me.

"Just hang on luv." He scoops me up into his arms and begins to run.

I started coughing loudly the smoke was really getting to me. Hobie was running with me in his arms but he was growing weaker by the second. His breathing was growing weary and uncontrolled.

"Fuck." He sighs.

"Hobie, put me down, I'm weighing you down." I say my voice trembling.

He puts me down and kneels next to me holding me close to his chest. His heart was beating rapidly you could hear it a mile away.

"I'm not leaving you. I just need to catch my breath." He pants.

"Hobie please. I am not going to weigh you down." My voice breaks.

"Y/n I'm not leaving you." He says as he begins to cough.

"Your being affected by the smoke and carrying me won't help." I say.

"But y/n-"

"No Hobie, I'll probably be gone by the time we get to any shelter." I say.

I can see tears form in his eyes. I can't believe he's actually crying, he cups my face in his hands and gently strokes my cheeks with his thumb. His hands are softer than silk his touch tender and mesmerizing.

I managed to grab his wrist and give him a weak smile.

"I don't wanna leave you luv." Hobie says as a tear rolls down his cheek.

"But you have to." I whisper.

He esses my face closer to his, his eyes filled with guilt and regret. Time felt frozen as he holds me. The way he held me was possessive as if someone was going to take me away from him.

I gently put my hand on his face and pull him closer to me shortening the gap between us. His lips were so close to mine I could feel him kissing me already.

Suddenly an alarm sounded right before our lips connected.
----------------

I jolt awake my alarm ringing in my ears and I quickly turn it off.

Was that all a dream? I look around and well I'm most definitely in my room, same old same old and my lungs fill perfectly normal and no headache.

I groan and climb out of bed, I couldn't get that dream out of my head, especially the ending. I spent the whole morning thinking about it and it was starting to get on my nerves because it got in the way of me doing my class work.