Mulan Au - Part 11..

HOPE YOU ENJOY 

PLEASE VOTE

Side Note: I made a bit of a mistake in the last part. I made it seem like Grisha Jaeger didn't know over Mikasa being gone from home. But I just re-read one of the earlier parts and Grisha was the one telling Carla that they couldn't reporter Mikasa for leaving to join up with the other men. Let's just pretend that Grandpa had said that instead and they helped to keep the secret from Grisha. 

Mikasa is stickly ordered to return home by Grisha after she sleeps for another couple of hours. She nods in agreement, taking Hannes reigns and waves him off as he returns to the medical camp close by. 

She rides through the mountains, heading towards the emperors castle. She agreed to return home, she just never mentioned WHEN she'd return home. Something her blood father had taught her, you can always keep your word over doing something as long as you don't give it a deadline while promising something. 

She merely agreed she'd return home, she never mentioned how long it'd take to return or when she'd return. She's keeping her word to Grisha while also supporting her heroic brothers and friends. 

She'll find a spot in the crowd, cheering and clap for them as they stand before emperor Furlan and show her support to them. She'll make sure she stands near the back of the crowd but close enough to be seen beside Hannes, making sure the rest would recognize her without making herself stand out too much. 

She even bought herself a knew dress at a small village at the bottom of the snowy mountain. She didn't arrive in one to camp and well, she couldn't just act like an overly proud and supportive sister while dressed in her her spare set of uniform. She'd risk bringing dishonour once again. 

The dress wasn't overly bad, black and white mixed. It was more black than white but it was pretty enough while keeping casual. Her wound was hidden under the dress and bandages and she would be able to slip into the crowd as a normal women, nothing suspicious about her apart from the short hair but she'd just be assumed to be the poor working class who needed to cut her hair for money. 

She ended up having to climb back up the mountain, walking along with Hannes beside her. Leaving Sasha and Connie to sit on the horses saddle, the first grumbling over failing our duties and how Mikasa ruined her whole plan by getting found out just to save a pretty face. 

"I'm sorry, Sasha. I didn't mean to fail you like this. I should have been more careful" Mikasa apologized as she pulled them all to a stop, looking towards her guardian and knowing she's upset the dragon by not becoming a hero. 

Sasha looked up at Mikasa before filling with guilt herself and dropping her head as she knew she was being selfish and harsh on the other. She was too greedy for her own good sometimes. 

"The truth is, we're both frauds. You're ancestors never sent me. They don't even like me. I mean, you risked your like to help people you love. I risked your life to help myself. At least you had good intentions" Sasha admitted in a small voice, climbing onto Mikasa shoulder and hugging at her neck in hopes to gain forgiveness. 

Mikasa smiled slightly and patted the dragons back, showing they held no hard feelings between them. Hannes just shook his head, knowing the dragon was a lair the whole time and glad to finally be proven right.