2023 Christmas Special!! - Warmth in the Chill.

I'VE WRITTEN TO SANTA THAT THIS ONESHOT BRINGS YOU ALL SOME MERRY CHEER

PLEASE SPRINKLE SOME CHRISTMAS JOY BY HITTING THAT VOTE BUTTON

He would never admit it out loud but he was easily cold. 

The chills from the freezing air had always left him shivering and feeling the cold much more than those around him. 

It left him assuming it was due to his childhood in the underground where no sunlight had reached and left unable to warm his home. Firewood being rare and something you stole from others than something all households had. 

But once he had joined the Survey Crops, lived above ground level. He was still shivering at the slightly drop in temperature. 

As Captain he's learnt to hide how frozen he's felt. 

Rarely touched anyone when he knew his hands would feel like ice. 

He needed to stay seeming strong and tough. 

Be humanity's strongest as the rest of the walls see him as. 

If he's seen as weak, they'll lose their hope for humanity's survival. 

It's why he hated the brat knowing over his weakness to the cold. 

Hated how she had merely taken one look at him on a frosty winter morning and seemed to have known. 

The subtle teasing off passing over his cape left inside or offering a warm drink during break. 

Teases that he soon learnt was her trying to help warm him up and casually keep him warm without anyone questioning the kind actions. 

She's reminded her friends over leaving their capes or jackets on cold days. 

Often boils some water for warmer drinks during the cold season.

Gives up her own jacket or cape, seeming to always stand as a heater herself. Barely ever feeling the cold. 

She was looking out for him, showing she cared. 

And he learnt to care for her in return. 

He learnt she loves winter due to feeling like a sweaty, boiled mess during summer. 

While he loves summer, no cold breeze or chances of a chilly day when the sun only shines down with it's hot heat. 

They were both odd but somehow fitted perfectly together. 

He's learnt to wear her jacket under his own, hide that it's a bit big on him. Wearing his cape over both jackets to hide how much "buffer" he suddenly becomes with wearing her and his own jacket. 

Slipping on the fingerless gloves that grew to be popular once the Soldier Worth a hundred men started wearing them. No one taking notice over humanity's strongest wearing them too. 

Growing use to the personal heater that always helped to warm him on on any side she stood beside him. Leaning into her when their back to back and wondering what it'd be like to openly accept her gentle side for the rest of their lives. 

It's why he wasn't overly surprised when Christmas had came around once more and he found a gift under the large Survey Corps tree in the main hall. Presents for all soldiers left under and they're all passed out on the 25th. Those that return to love ones will have them passed over on the 26th instead. 

He found a knitted and warm white scarf neatly folded and was left by a secret Santa. 

It was soft, kind to his sensitive skin and kept him comfortably warm. 

But the sight his eyes had spotted had warmed his heart more.

Across the room stood the matching scarf in black, hand knitted and the same wool but dyed by hand.

His mind pointed out that she had removed the tatty red Scarf she had never dared to be without before. 

That the black scarf had fallen under the colours they both share. Both know for their raven eyes, his shade darker than her own lighter one. Their black silky hair that would catch a pretty price on the streets, something they've both known and had to die for the shake of their friends as children. 

She had chosen their colours to wear, a silent action that spoke so much to him alone. 

Next Christmas, he'll gain them a joint present that came in silver and slid perfectly on their wedding fingers.