You're safe with me, you will always be

"That's all for today," Marilyn said as the bell rang, clasping her hands. "Remember that tomorrow you will expose the work that I sent you last week, and this time I don't want excuses. Yes, that's for you, Ajax."

You were sitting in the front row, waiting for everyone to pack up and leave. Contact with your teammates was not your forte. It was normal, you had just arrived at Nevermore, and it was not easy to fit in there, even more so being someone like you.

Your parents thought that this was the best place for you. Your telekinetic powers exceeded the limits of normal capabilities, and unfortunately for you, that brought serious problems with your mental health.

You were a normal girl. You had very frequent crises and paranoia, nothing that couldn't be controlled with the appropriate therapy and some medications.

Dr. Kinbott saw you three times a week. She was nice and you got on well with her. Everything seemed to be going better in your life, but even so, I couldn't help but feel that others were somehow afraid of you. Your first botany class made your day. Marilyn Thornhill, your teacher, was a nice woman, who never made you feel nervous or stressed, and she welcomed you in the most discreet way possible.

She approached you when she saw that you didn't move from the spot.

"Well, (Y/N), how was your first contact with botany?" She asked you with a smile. You smiled too, you had no reason not to.

"Good, good. It's, it's entertaining," you said, beginning to pick up your things carefully. Talking to someone like her, who you found quite attractive, was dangerous to your powers. At any moment you could break anything.

"Great, I'm very happy, oh, by the way, don't worry about tomorrow's work, you don't have to do it," she told you softly, leaning over your desk. You nodded relieved.

"Thank you," you said happily. She looked at you curiously.

"Do the rest of your classmates treat you well?" She asked in a more discreet tone.

You didn't know what to answer. They did not treat you well or badly. They just didn't used to talk to you. Maybe they were afraid of you, it was quite common for that to happen.

"Oh well, I haven't talked to them much," you said sincerely. "I think I scare them," you tried to joke. Marilyn waved her hand and laughed.

"What nonsense. You're a very normal girl," the redhead said, turning towards her desk.

You got up and put your bag on your shoulder.

"Well, I don't know..." You sighed. Somehow, that woman gave you confidence. You knew that she was normie, and that she was the only one in the whole school. Dr. Kinbott told you about it when she encouraged you to integrate with the rest of the students. It was like, " she's an example of integration."

"Don't you know?" She asked, turning back to you.

"I... I... I have my own problems and..." You murmured stammering. It wasn't something you liked to talk about.

"We all have problems, (Y/N). The question is knowing how to cope with them in the best way possible," she told you, in a reassuring, maternal tone.

"When she was little..." You began to tell, seeing how little by little a climate of trust was generated. "I don't remember very well what happened, but my parents told me that I made all the windows in the neighborhood break."

Her expression turned serious, as if she suddenly became very interested on this conversation.

"Wow, I've never heard of someone having that ability..." She said. You didn't quite know if she was talking to you or to herself.