Chapter 28

Serene's POV

I'm on my way to pick Gemma up with the excuse that "she's gonna help me shop for some little stuff/clothes" because I've been planning a surprise for our anniversary which is what she's actually gonna help me with. First things first, my wonderful girlfriend got us tickets to a wine and paint to celebrate that day so we're going to that. When we get home though, our decorated bedroom will receive her and right there I'll propose. I know, I know, what about our friends and stuff? Well, I happen to also know her very well and she'll love it, I'm sure of it. Thing is that I will buy the ring now and I asked for Gemma's help on it. Anyway...

'Hey girl' She greets me with a kiss to my cheek

'Hey what's good?'

'Everything' She giggles while buckling up. 'Have a ring style in mind? Also, do you know her size?'

'I do know it and yeah, something simple will do.' I answer

'That or are you feeling cheapstake-y?' She says in a jokeful tone, I throw a glare at her regardless

'Fuck no I ain't no cheapstake, even less when it's bout her.'

'Yeah it's pretty noticeable cuz damn, you don't think bout it when it's about her, not even once.'

'Exactly, I'll pay what I have to pay but lets see the options.' I shrug

'Gosh, are you any nervous to propose?'

'A bit or two but it'll be worth it.' I confidently answer, ignoring the fact that my heart is pounding against my ribcage just thinking about it

'I mean of course! I would've proposed to Ree in a heartbeat but like always she got ahead of me.' She giggles. 'But at the same time I'm glad she went a step ahead cuz I would've been dead nervous.'

'Which I can't deny I am like.. I'm not sure what she'll say--

'Girl, of course she gonna say yes.' Gemma interrupts

'Who knows, really.' I chew on my lip

'What reasons does she has to say no?'

'None'

'Well then! Don't think on it much, you'll set up the mood and I think y'all anniversary is the best day for it, pop the question when you have to and if she says no well, fuck her then!'

'Damn, okay.' I chuckle, shaking my head in amusement before parking the car

'I don't think a solid no will be her answer though, it's probably just the nervousness speaking.'

'It must be.' I sigh. 'But I still have a bit of time to earn those balls, as of now lets get that ring.'

Gemma laughs a bit. 'Just you getting the ring means you have balls, you absolutely do cuz that's the first step towards the proposal.'

'Thanks for that.'

'It's just the truth.'

We step into the mall, immediately going into the first store that's by the entrance. Nothing really gets my attention so we go on to a jeweler's cart. On the way Gemma gets distracted by some shortalls at a store that I have to pull her out of and not gonna lie, they're really darn cute but it's absolutely not the moment for it. We get to the cart and even though there's an option that gets my eye I rather look at all the options so we get to the next store.

'I think this one it is.' I point at a ring set consisting of a small diamond covered engagement ring and the wedding one has one simple diamond

'It's truly beautiful.' She smiles. 'I think she'll love it.'