Chapter 4

The whole Karasuno female team looked at their captain.

"Thank you for coming," she started. "As you know, the championship between schools is near and we should be preparing."

Some of the girls looked a little ashamed at what Yui had implied.

"Y/n would like to say something, too."

"I love coming here, guys," I said. "I really enjoy helping you out and I'd love to see how this team grows. You have the potential, I've seen it. But you have to use it. I can understand it's tiring and it might seem too difficult at times. But don't give up. Keep training. Winning is not that fair from our reach. We can't let the boys take all the attention, can we?"

"She's right," said Watabe, the libero. "We can do this."

"I'll stop skipping training."

"Me too."

"Yeah!"

They looked around and agreed. Smiling and nodding defiantly, the mood raised.

"Want the vice captain place?" Aihara said. I couldn't tell if she was joking.

"Oh no, thanks. You're the best strategist." I said.

Aihara smiled at me and told the girls to warm up. They were practicing spikes in no time.

My phone rang and I excused myself.

"Hello?"

"It's me, Ishida. Can you meet me? I have the drawings."

"Can't it be later?"

"No, I have to go in fifteen minutes. See you in the library?"

"Okay."

I hung up and told Yui I was sorry, but I had to go.

I went to the library and found Ishida doodling something.

"Hello." I sat beside him.

"Hey. Okay, here's what I got." He spread some drafts across the table and explained his ideas. "So, I was thinking you need to photograph some cool things like spikes in mid air or the moment right before hitting the ball while serving."

"Uh-huh. I like how it's drawn. I'm sure I can make it. The theme could be the effort and getting better and perseverance and all that."

"Exactly. We all love a story about perseverance, don't we?"

I don't know why, but I laughed.

"Where's your girlfriend? I haven't seen her in a while."

"I'm meeting her later, so come on, I want to go."

I gasped. "You prefer her over me?"

"You know that's not true. Stop being so dramatic."

"Who are you calling dramatic?"

"So how is it working with both teams?" He asked, dodging the question.

"It's great. They have very different styles and ways of doing the same thing. It's awesome I can do this, it will give the project different points of view."

"Any cute guy in there?" He said with a mischievous smile.

For some reason, Sugawara came to my mind. "Why would you care? You don't even like boys and you have a girlfriend." I said.

"I know, but I'm going to get you a boyfriend before this year ends."

"Oh, no, you're not," I shook my head.

"You didn't answer me. Any cute guy, then?" Now who's the one ignoring whom?

"I don't know them all yet." He raised an eyebrow at this. "Okay, there's a cute boy. But I'm a professional, I'm not there for romance."

He smiled, pleased with my answer, but didn't say anything. How could he have got me to say it?

"Thanks for the help, Ishida. Can I keep the drafts?"

"Sure. I'm leaving now. See you around."

I said goodbye and stayed for a bit to study the drawings and have a more clear idea. Perhaps I was overthinking it. After all, abstract photography existed.

By the end of it, I was just glad the thinking and studying was over.

This chapter was a bit shorter, next one will be a bit longer. Don't forget to vote and comment :D