Chapter 12

I never imagined I'd go to school on a Saturday. Suga had asked me to go, since they were going to play a training match against Nekoma. My parents had thought about sending me to Nekoma, but decided on Karasuno in the end.

I was very excited to see the match for two reasons. Firstly, I wanted to see how they played against other schools. And secondly, if I got permission, I could photograph a real match with real opponents.

I finished eating breakfast quietly, because I didn't want to wake my parents up. That's why I almost had a heart attack when my phone rang.

"Hey." Said Ishida. Of course it had to be Ishida.

"Hey," I said quietly.

"Why are you talking like this?" he imitated my tone.

"Because my parents are asleep."

"Did you take lover boy to a proper date?" he said. He could be annoying sometimes.

"My boyfriend and I played volleyball and we had the best time."

"Ooh, boyfriend?" I could almost hear his smirk. "Was there a kiss?"

"Aren't you annoying?"

"But was there?"

"Yes," I admitted. And I told him about our date.

"I knew it!" Then he sighed dramatically. "You took away all the fun, though. I was going to present you to some candidates, but you'd end up falling for that one boy I didn't like. But you two would fight for your love and be happy together."

"You've seen too many movies," I laughed. "That's so cliché."

"Excuse me? Your sunset kiss is cliché and not my amazing plan. Anyway, I told my girlfriend I was going to meet her today, so I gotta go."

"Bye."

I hung up and sighed. Ishida and his two-minute calls...

I took a quick shower, got dressed, grabbed my camera and went to Karasuno high school.

"Hi, y/n," said Shimizu.

"Hello, my friend. Are you excited? I am excited. Do you think they'll let me take photos? It'll be great for my project," I said very fast.

"Slow down," she said, laughing. "Yes, I am excited. And I don't know about your project, but you should ask. They'll be here in ten minutes."

"Great." I said hi to the rest of the team and when Suga saw me, he hugged me, making me blush.

"I'm glad you're here," he said.

"I'll be rooting for you. You are going to play, I'm sure of it."

His warm smile always made my day brighter. More members of the team arrived and began to warm up.

"So, Sugawara, huh?" said Shimizu.

"Yeah... Wait, what?"

She laughed lightly. "I think you make a good couple."

"Thanks," I simply said.

A couple minutes later, someone came to me.

"Hi, y/n," said Yamaguchi. "Nice to see you. I just wanted to say that I'm okay with you taking pictures of me."

"Thank you. It's nice to see you, too." I was very happy that he had opened up to me. However, I didn't think his friend Tsukishima was very fond of me yet.

"Kenmaaa!" Hinata yelled and went out.

The cats were here.

Our team had played against them on another occasion, but I hadn't seen the match. The girls had told me about it.