Chapter 13

After Karasuno's Victory, Shimizu and I gave bottles of water and dry towels, which they gladly accepted. We all chatted about different things. I loved the team's friendship.

"So, Karasuno got themselves a photographer, huh?" Kuroo said. "I'm not staying that's pretentious, but..."

I chuckled. "Nah. This is just practice for my future career."

"That's cool," said Kenma. "If only I could do that with video games..."

"You know what you could do? Play more volleyball."

"Okay, Kuroo," said Kenma, rolling his eyes.

"Can I see the pictures you took?" Kuroo asked me. "I'm sure I look awesome in all of them. Right, Kenma?"

"Mmh, sure," Kenma said with no interest and enthusiasm at all. I had to bite my tongue to avoid laughing.

"I have to take a look at them first and then select the best ones, so I'll need a couple of days," I explained.

"Then send them to me. Here's my number." He scribbled some numbers in a piece of paper and winked at me.

"Oh, please, stop it. She has a boyfriend," said an exasperated Kenma.

Wait, how did he know? Had he seen us holding hands? This is embarrassing.

Kuroo pouted. "Send me the photos, anyway. Someone will appreciate my good looks eventually."

I agreed to do so with a laugh. After knowing I was taken, Kuroo had stopped his flirting completely and acted like a friend. I decided the world needed more people like him. I learned that he liked chemistry and feeling smart by throwing random elements and formulas in conversations. Like me with my weird words. He also loved volleyball and, from what I'd gathered, he was an extrovert.

Kenma, on the other hand, was more of an introvert. He wasn't so fond of chemistry, but loved video games with a passion. He told me that sometimes people would come asking for help with difficult levels with a proud look in his eyes. He liked volleyball, but not as much as Kuroo. The latter was the one who'd introduced the sport to Kenma and convinced him to play.

And, of course, I told them about myself. My dream of becoming a photographer, how I'd met the team, likes, dislikes...

Someone proposed to go somewhere, but the cats had to go home. We said goodbye to everyone.

"I won't forget about the photos, Kuroo," I said. "And, Kenma, I know practically nothing about video games, but I'd love to learn if you're willing to teach me."

"Sure," he cracked a smile.

And they left.

"We, the third years, were planning to take a walk or something" said Daichi.

"We were?" asked Asahi and Suga at the same time.

"Would you like to join us, y/n?"

"Yes! I'll go find Shimizu," I said.

"Already here," she said, walking towards us. "Let's go."

Everyone went home and we walked together for a while.

"Well played today," congratulated Shimizu.

"It was difficult," said Asahi. "They are very good."

"So are we!" said Daichi, throwing a hand in the air, making us laugh.

"I hate that this is our last year," commented Asahi.

"Hey, sadness is not allowed right now," said Suga.

"Right. So, y/n, how did this guy have the guts to ask you to be his girlfriend?" Daichi ruffled Suga's hair.

Suga swatted away his hand. "Actually, she asked me."

"Way to go." Shimizu gave me a high five.

"Wait, so you're officially dating?" asked Daichi.

At this point, I was sure we were both as red as tomatoes.

"Congratulations," he said. "Anyway, it's not like we're getting into a relationship any time soon."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, Daichi," I said, thinking about another volleyball captain.

"What do you mean?"

"You both are so oblivious, oh my God," I laughed. "Just ask her out already!"

"Who is she talking about?" said Asahi, puzzled.

Daichi denied everything and I refused to talk. I'd done my damage and forgotten about it.

"Any luck with the new manager, Shimizu?" I asked.

"Not really," she said. "I found a boy who was interested, but that interest soon disappeared when I told him about the responsibilities."

"You're going to leave the club in the best hands," Suga said sincerely.

"Yeah, someone will be up to the task," said Asahi.

We talked and laughed about random things. We were having such a good time. However, it was not long before Daichi said: "I have to go. See you, guys! And welcome to the third year squad, y/n!"

"Thanks."

"What time is it? Oh, I have to go, too." This was Shimizu.

"Yeah, me too." Asahi, Daichi and Shimizu left, just like Nekoma had.

"I guess it's just you and me, then," Suga smiled.

"They totally did that on purpose," I shook my head.

"I wasn't going to stop them, either," he grabbed my hand.

We walked across an empty street. It was getting dark, but we had the moonlight and a couple of lamp posts. Then, we heard upbeat music. Softly, at first, but louder as we moved. It was probably coming from one of the houses.

"Want to dance?" he said.

"You just missed the perfect opportunity to say: oh, beautiful lady, I cannot stand seeing you there all alone with that spiritless look upon your face. May I have this dance?" I said with a dramatic voice, making him laugh. "And then I'd say: I'd love to, but, you see, I don't know how to."

"But then I'd take your hand and say: may I confess something, miss? Me neither."

We moved around to the rhythm of the music. We certainly weren't going to be selected for a musical, but we were having so much fun, it didn't matter. After a couple of songs of dancing and giggling, another one played. A much much slower song.

Why not? I thought, putting my arms around his neck. He seemed caught by surprise, but he reacted and put his arms around my waist.

I looked at his brown eyes and the world seemed to stop. Nothing mattered except him and me. I was completely lost in his eyes, his pink cheeks, his bright smile, his soft lips... I found myself leaning in. When I saw him doing the same, I didn't hesitate to put our lips together.

It was the best feeling in the world, despite the annoying butterflies in my stomach. My hands travelled all the way up to his hair as I deepened the kiss.

I guess we had a thing for kissing under beautiful scenarios like the sunset or the moon.

When we pulled away, we joined our foreheads together and we stood there, smiling like idiots at each other. And I absolutely loved it.

"I like your hair," I said. It was so fluffy and soft. If I were taller, I'd stroke it all the time.

"I like everything about you," he replied. That made me blush even more, but I didn't want him to see that, so I kissed him again.

"You can not just say something like that!" I buried my head in his chest.

"With results like this? I'd do it every time."

And we kissed one last time.

I loved writing this chapter. Pls vote and comment :D