Chapter 11

Sugawara POV

I walked to my next class feeling tired, as usual. I had stayed reading late the night before and now I was regretting it. Then, I spotted y/n walking to her class and I felt my heart beating faster.

"Y/n, hi!"

The smile on her face was instant. "Hey!"

"See you later, then?" I said, referring to what she'd texted me.

"Actually, I'll tell you now" she said. "Would you like to go out with me? Again? Today after class."

"Yes!" My eyes brightened up.

"Great!" she said. "Then it's a date. A volleyball date. Is that okay with you?"

"More than okay!" I assured her, and she smiled. I could watch her smile forever.

The bell rang.

"I have to go to class, see you later," she said.

"Can't wait," and I left, too.

-----------------------------

"Hinata, are you stupid?" Kageyama was yelling. "Jump when I set you the ball, not whenever you want!"

"Well, you need to be sure I see your signs!" Hinata complained.

Daichi sighed. They were essential for the team, but they didn't always get along. At least the rest of the team was doing good. Noya's saves were improving even more, Tanaka's spikes got better and even Tsukishima's blocks were more powerful.

Man, I loved this sport. And the team too, despite everything.

"Oh, Suga, I almost forgot," said Daichi, smiling mischievously. "Did you ask y/n out?"

"I did. I took her stargazing," I said.

"That's so romantic," commented Shimizu. "She's a great girl, you'd better treat her the way she deserves."

"You don't even have to say that. I'd never do anything to hurt her," I said, completely sure of myself. "Even if things don't end up working out."

"Don't say that," said Asahi. When did he get here?

"You'll do fine," Daichi said. "But don't you dare let this distract you from training."

"Of course not," I laughed.

"Wait, did you go on a date with y/n, Sugawara?" Nishinoya yelled.

Great, now everyone knows. "Yes, but it wasn't necessary to shout like that."

"Really?" said an excited Hinata. "She's so cool! And she likes volleyball! Nicely done, Sugawara."

Why did everyone have to give their opinion?

"You're lucky, Sugawara," said Tanaka. "When Kiyoko and I-"

"No," she said.

"Come on," I clapped my hands. "Let's clean up."

They started cleaning up, but Daichi wasn't going to let the matter drop that easily. "Why are you in such a hurry?"

"Yes, I am meeting y/n after this," I confessed.