Chapter 17

The first thing I realized when I woke up: I was not at home. I was surrounded by trees and birds singing. The quiet forest in peace, exactly like a Disney movie.

The second thing I noticed: I was not alone. Sugawara was right next to me. In fact, we'd woken up all tangled. Suddenly, he stirred and heat rose to my cheeks.

"Good morning, y/n," he said, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Morning," I said, still half asleep. "How did we end up like this?"

"I- I don't know," he said thoughtfully, then laughed. "What happened?"

His laughter was contagious. "I don't even know." We were laughing more out of embarrassment than anything. But I regretted nothing and I was sure neither did he. Suga hugged me tightly.

"What's that all about, huh?" I asked, lovingly. I hated that cloying voice of mine, but it came naturally in endearing scenes or moments.

"Stop asking that," he said. "I don't need an excuse for treating my amazing girlfriend the way she deserves."

I kissed him on the forehead. I swear that boy would be the death of me, my heart could probably not take it.

"What time is it?" I picked a fallen leaf and observed it. I wished I had my camera with me right now.

"Not sure, but it's probably late. We sure were exhausted," he said.

I was too lazy to look at the time and I didn't care that much either, so I just got up and began to gather the blankets and everything to put them back in the trunk of the car. Meanwhile, Suga made breakfast.

The sun was shining, despite some small clouds. I was certain we were going to have good weather.

"What are we having, chef Sugawara?" I asked.

"There's toast with oil and ham and the coffee you brought. We also have fruit, if you'd like," he answered.

"I'll pass on the fruit, thank you," I said, taking a toast.

It wasn't exactly a toast, because we didn't have anything to cook with or some kind of fire, but the bread was still good.

"Do you want some coffee?" I offered.

"No, thanks." He took a bite out of his toast. "I hate cold coffee."

I didn't have anything against cold coffee, so I drank a bit. "It's really good, you should try it."

He pretended to think. "Mmh, no thank you."

I shook my head muttering these kids today, can't even stand cold coffee. This didn't happen when I was young. Suga wasn't expecting that and almost choked laughing.

"I'm okay, I'm okay, don't worry," he assured me. "You've been talking too much with Kuroo."

It was my time to snicker. "He also liked my photos," I said out of the blue.

"Obviously, because they're good. Why didn't you bring your camera with you?"

"I left it at school and I'm regretting it."

"With your skills, can you take good ones with your phone?" I loved his genuine curiosity.

"Yeah, I guess. But you can't compare it."

"Still, give it a shot. I'd love to see it."

I grabbed the leaf from before and put it against one of the trees. The beautiful leaf with its unique shape and the contrast of the texture of the bark made a good combination. I took out my phone and click.