Chapter 8

I woke up and looked at the time. Only half an hour left, there was no way I was going to go back to sleep. I rolled up the blinds and almost blinded myself with the sudden light from outside. I opened a window and yawned, still mad at myself for the poor attempt at blinding myself.

I got dressed and had breakfast trying to stay awake in the process. I finished eating and put away my plate, when I received a text.

Suga: Hi! I hope this isn't too early in the morning.

Suga is typing...

And I blushed. I actually blushed.

I groaned. I didn't really have to think about 'the Suga situation' or anything, really. I clearly liked him.

You: Hi!

Suga: Are you coming to practice today?

You: No, I have to see the girls today

Suga: Please come. You wanted credit for the synchronized attack, didn't you? ;)

You: *gasp* are you going to copy us? I better go then

Suga: ok, see you later

You: Byee

He was very sweet. I could understand my heart when it beat faster because of him.

I grabbed my bag and went to school.

-------------------------------

I'd told Suga I'd go to the boy's practice, but I had finished earlier and went to the girl's gym to see if anyone was in there yet.

"Hey, y/n!" They said.

"What are you all doing here so early?" I asked, smiling but also surprised.

"Well, last day was so great we just had to make sure the sync attack still works," said Sasaki.

"And that it wasn't just luck," added Rinko.

"Come with us!" said Yui.

I did, but that day y/n.exe wasn't working. My serves didn't pass the net, my sets weren't accurate at all, my spikes always went out and I didn't receive a single ball.

"What's with you today?" asked Yui.

"Yeah, what's got you so distracted?" This was Aihara.

"I'm sorry, guys. I guess today is not my day," I apologized.

"No, it's not just that," added Watabe. "You are distracted, but dreamily."

"And you are smiling all the time." This was Aoki.

They exchanged looks and little smiles. Something was going on and I didn't know what.

"It's just like when our dear captain talks about Daichi," giggled Aihara.

"What? I do not-" Yui tried to defend herself.

"So" Sasaki interrupted her, "who's the lucky guy?"

"What are you talking about?" I was probably blushing. "There's no one!"

"Really?" smirked Rinko. "I saw you very comfortable with jersey number 2 the other day..."

"It's nothing like that!" I was definitely blushing right now.

"You're all red, don't try to deny it."

"Okay, fine," I gave up. "I might have a tiny crush on jersey number 2."