'*•.¸♡ 1 ♡¸.•*'

The sun poured through my window. I rubbed my bleary eyes. The door soon opened as a middle-aged woman in her apron walked in.

"Good, you're awake. here's your uniform go get ready, breakfast is almost done"

I yawned, stretching my arms as I went to the bathroom to prepare for school.

As I was done brushing my teeth, I took off my clothes before getting in the shower.

After 20 minutes of showering, I put on my newly-ironed uniform. I did my hair before getting out of the bathroom. I grabbed my bag and phone as I got out of my room

"Hyewon I forgot to check on your brother, can you check if he's awake before you go down"

I heard my mom shout from downstairs so I went to open the door beside mine.

"HEY WAKE UP YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE US LATE"

I yelled to make sure we would hear.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL!"

He yelled back while covering his ears with his pillow.

"Gunwook get up and get ready, mom's almost done with breakfast"

I said as I tried pulling his blanket off of him

"It's still early, I don't wanna get up" He whined like a 3-year-old

"stop acting like a baby and get up"

After 5 minutes of convincing my brother to wake up, he groaned in annoyance and then headed to the bathroom.

"Oh perfect timing, I'm done making breakfast"

Mom said as she turned off the stove and placed the food on the table.

I sat at the dining table as I grabbed some eggs and bacon.

"Mom I'll wait for gunwook outside"

I said as I ate the last piece of bacon from my plate. I headed towards the kitchen and placed my dirty dishes on the sink.

I then kissed my mom goodbye and headed outside.

As I went out, I was greeted by the blue sky along with the fluffy-looking clouds. I sat by our front porch while waiting for gunwook to get ready.

After a few minutes of admiring the sky, the door soon opened revealing my brother.

"Finally! I thought about leaving you, but you might cry at Mom" I joked as he playfully rolled his eyes.

"You love me too much for you to leave me and we all know it" he said as he put his arm around my shoulder

I rolled my eyes at his reply, and we started walking to school.

We only live a few blocks from school so it's really not necessary to take the bus.

Oh, I almost forgot, I'm Park Hyewon, 16 years old, and the youngest in our family. My dad works overseas while my mom runs her business here at our place, I also have an annoying older brother named gunwook who is 2 years ahead of me.

Today is the first day of school, another year in high school. I took a deep breath as I entered the campus hoping that this school year would be a little different from the past few years. gunwook and I then parted ways as his classroom was in the other building.

I was then about to head toward the classroom when someone suddenly bumped into me

"oh gosh I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

I look to my side to see the person who bumped into me and met with a boy with pretty eyes.

"Ah y-yeah I'm fine, I wasn't looking anyway" I then replied giving him a smile.

I was about to walk again when he suddenly talked.

"Hey um... do you perhaps know where the office is I'm supposed to get my schedule there but I don't know where it is"

The guy spoke as his hand was placed on his nape obviously getting shy.

"yeah sure, follow me"

"So you're new here huh"

I then tried to start a conversation to make the air less awkward.

He nodded as a yes

"We recently just moved here because of my parent's business"

"Oh we're here"

I then knocked before opening the door. We then went inside then greeted Ms. Kwon

"Ah~ Hyewon it's nice seeing you here"

I smiled and bowed as a reply.

"You must be the new student, what's your name?"

"I'm Yujin, Han Yujin"

"Just a moment I'll just look for your schedule. Ah here you go, Hyewon you're in the same class as him do you mind helping him around?"

"Not a problem Ms. Kwon I can show him around school tomorrow if he wants to"

I looked at him as he nodded at my offer.

"We'll be going now Ms. Kwon have a nice day"

"Let's go before class starts"

I said to the guy beside me as he follows me to class.