Chapter 17 "Miss Amory"

Natigil ang ingay ng mga kaklase ko nang dumating si Professor Vandestine, but something is off about her. Usually ay kami nalang ang hinihintay niyang pumasok bago pa mag start ang klase.

The way she walks is different too, parang di siya makalakad ng maayos.

'Napilayan kaya siya?'

"Good morning class." She said

"Good morning Professor Vandestine!" Sabay sabay naming sabi.

She started our class by making us pass all our required assignments, finished or not. Then she started discussing a new lesson kasi daw may 50 items daw na quiz sa Friday.

I wasn't worried though,

'kahit gawin niya pang 100 eh.'

Nagpatuloy lang ng normal and klase namin, she asked us questions and we answer, she made us take notes and we did, just a normal day in class.

But I still can't help but think about last night.

'parang nasa akin na ang lahat ng problema sa mundo ah.'

Why would she do that?

To make me suffer maybe.

Well, she was very clear about that.

I was just sketching the masked woman in my notebook when I was startled by a loud voice.

"Miss Morelle!" A voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"P-po?"

"Sabi ko help me!"

Nang sabihin niya yun ay napansin ko na kaming dalawa nalang pala ang natitira sa room.

'where the fuck are my friends?'

Mga walang hiya, iniiwan ako ng walang pasabi, kagaya ng pag iwan niya sayo.

"Are you just gonna upo there, Morelle?" She asked and rolled her eyes.

I immediately got up from my seat and went to her.

"Come with me."

"Po?" I asked.

'Ano ba namang utak to.'

"To my office Morelle, get your mind out of the gutter."

Siya ang naunang maglakad habang ako ay kinukuha parin ang mga gamit sa table niya. When I managed to catch up ay halos magkasabay kaming maglakad sa hallway.

I could hear students murmuring about us. Mostly complimenting Professor Vandestine but sometimes I would get a few hello's.

"Hi ate Vlanca, ang ganda mo po hehe." Nahihiyang sabi ng isang babaeng nakasalubong namin.

"Thank you," I said and continued walking.

Pero nang mahabol ko na si Professor Vandestine ay bigla siyang tumigil sa pagpalakad.

I almost hit her because of her sudden move.

"You," she said now facing the girl who told me I'm pretty earlier.

"Y-yes po?" Sabi ng babae ngayon ay parang malulusaw na sa kaba.

"What's your name?" She said with authority.

Pati ako napalunok na dahil sa kaba.

"Ah, C-Charly po."

"Detention for you after school, sa office ni Miss Ambrose."

After that, she walked away like nothing happened.

"Sorry," I said to the girl.

"Morelle!" I heard Professor Vandestine call me.

Agad agad akong napatakbo papunta sakaniya. Tahimik lang kaming naglakad papunta sa office niya.

"Place them there." She said asking me to place her things on the table in Infront of her desk.

"Sit down." I sat down on the sofa Infront of the table.

"As my TA you must assist me with my school work, and that includes checking your classmate's homework. Understood?" She said now seated on her desk chair facing me.

"Yes, Professor."

I started checking my classmates assignments while Professor Vandestine was doing something on her laptop.

Nang marating ko ang assignment ni Vier ay napa sampal nalang ako sa noo.

'Ano ba naman to di ko maintindihan sulat.'

Halos gumawa na siya ng sarili niyang alphabet.

I was in the middle of checking when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." The Professor said.

When the door opened a boy student came in with a plastic bag in his hands.

"P-professor yung pinapabili niyo po." Nauutal na ani niya.

"Give it here." She said ang gave the boy money.

Pinagpatuloy ko na ang pag ccheck ko ng assignments nang umalis ang lalake.

"Morelle." A soft voice said.

I looked up and saw that she was also looking at me.

"Po?"

"Eat first before continuing that." She said and gestured her hands for me to go to her.

"Here, get the chair and eat with me."

Kinuha ko ang upuan sa tabi at nilagay yun sa side ng table.

She opened the food for me and placed it on my side of the table.

"Eat, that's your favorite." She said.

I took the fork and spoon and started eating my favorite chicken teriyaki.

'Wait, but how does she know it's my favorite?'

Hindi ko nalang kwinestyon yun at nagpatuloy nalang sa pagkain.

"You're so messy." She said smiling.

"Hmm." I pouted looking at her.

"Here," she said chuckling, and wiped my mouth with a tissue.

"Ahm, Professor Vandestine, you don't have to do that," I said trying to hide my face because of the redness of my cheeks.

"Would you please stop calling me that? Call me Amory, ah- uhm Miss Amory." She was also taken aback by her words.

"O-okay Miss Va- Amory," I said and smiled awkwardly.

We continued eating and when we finished I proceeded to check all the assignments we had.

I could feel her staring at me from time to time and sometimes I'd catch her and she'd look away.

When the end of the day came ay nasa loob parin ako ng office ni Miss Amory.

"Ahm, Miss uuwi na po ako." I said fixing the files on the table.

"Wait a minute for me, детка." When she realized what she had said she looked at me for a second and got back to fixing the things on her table.

'Detka? What does that mean?'

"Come." She said after getting her stuff and walking out of her office.

I followed shortly after her.

Sabay kaming naglakad paalis ng school at papuntang parking lot.

There was a comfortable silence between us. I can't explain what it is it's just comforting silence.

Nang marating namin ang parking lot tinulungan ko siyang ilagay ang bag niya sa kotse niya.

"I'll get going na po, Miss Amory." Pagpapaalam ko.

"Take care, Morelle." She said and i could have sworn I saw her smile.

I nodded at her and walked away to my car.

I walked to my car with a smile and feeling butterflies in my stomach.

I drove home that day not thinking about Alory but thinking about Miss Amory.

I Hate You, Lover (ON HOLD)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara