002, pinch me!

MESSY
002, pinch me!

@ drewstarkey uploaded a instagram story !

✫彡

" GOD, ITS BEAUTIFUL." I hum, my arms spread against the balcony that's attached to the window of my room. Although not in the main town, there's a sky and sea of blue in front of me — flowers in the hedges in full bloom.

It is beyond beautiful, it is simply paradise. And I am being payed to be here? ( someone pinch me!) To stand on a balcony at a villa in Scilly dressed in only one of Drew's white dress shirts swallows my body as I continue to watch the world go by from the window.

It was late when we got in last night, darkness engulfed the place but still made it look beautiful, the outside area of the house covered in fairy lights that are strung across on the small shelter that sits above the outdoor dining table. Lights that made the pool glistened under, although extremely sleep deprived from hours upon of hours of travelling from New York to here — I was still in awe of its beauty.

My head turns as I face my boyfriend who's still asleep, not adjusting too much to the time zone shift as he'll be reentering it in a days time. He's cute, I'll give him that. And I like him, I really really like him — he's sweet, and kind.

But we don't see each other much, he works in America and lives there. I work wherever but forever want to be in London — that's where everyone is, my friends, my family, my favourite cafes and restaurants. It's home.

I guess for the past year, I've been avoiding the city that I love — mostly because every inch of that city holds memories with Callum, memories that use to make my heart swell that our lack of communication has now tarnished, and subsequently made London my favourite and but also my least favourite place to be.

New York is a little bit like that, as long as I steer clear of the Belle Reve Karaoke bar in downtown manhattan and the bars that surround it, I'm normally fine. Of course I still go home, but only for a little bit, and go the places that hold the least amount of hold over me.

But sometimes I hope I see him in the streets — that I'll walk onto the platform of the baker line and he'll be there although I know it would hurt that someone so close to me would be so far away. I just want to see him again, I have questions. So many fucking questions.

" whatcha thinking about that's got you all stressed?" I hear a gruff toned Drew whisper in my ear as I exhale and turn my head slightly. My lips curving into a smile when his hand slides over my bare midriff that the light material of his shirt covers.

I shake my head, " not much, what makes you think I'm thinking about something important?" I hum and turn my head when his fingers overlap mine which are clutching the railing.