004, emotional baggage

MESSY.
004, emotional baggage

contact:  rhys😎

Rhys😎
UR OUT WITH CALLUM!!!

I glance at my phone, which once recognising my face shows the message from my brother. I look at the eyes belonging to the named and shamed person in my brothers text who is also seemingly noted the conversation.

I pick up, hoping that he hasn't seen it ( although by the way he fakes a cough and tries to put himself into another conversation. He most definitely has) , and I try to pretend like I don't notice he's seen it ( but by the vigor that I pick up my phone with shows that I most definitely have)

olly 🫣
and... what's the big deal?

olly🫣
We're gonna be together for like the next three months. Probably should tolerate each other at least.

Rhys 😎
sounds unlikely as you didn't speak to me for a week when I ate your Chinese leftovers and you expect me to believe you're just ok with your best friend who ghosted you for the last ten months?

olly🫣
that's exactly what you're meant to believe as it is the truth....

olly🫣
& I was really looking forward to those spring rolls after that day on set!!

Rhys 😎
please just don't be bottling it all up because you're scared of arguing with him,

Rhys 😎
what he did makes him a asshole he deserves to know it from you himself

Even from England, he can still read me like a book ( one that even though you've read so many times that the spine is falling apart; the surprises and twists still shock you although you should expect it by now.)

Am I scared to bring up things with Callum because it will probably rehashing things and feelings I don't necessarily want to feel again? yes.

Should I probably bring it up else it will just be this massive elephant in the room for the whole time we're here and possibly ruin the outcome of this project?
also yes.

" you ok Olympia?" Olivia hums , and I look up and give her a small smile with a slight nod of my head.

"yep, it's just my brother." I say, typing a quick text to note that I'll talk to him later " he's just checking in, it's what big brothers do isn't it?" I'm nervous, and I sound it.

There's beat of silence, and I'm tricked into thinking this conversations over as I put down my phone, face down this time.

" how is Rhys?" I turn my head as Callum looks at me and i feel slightly short of breath all of a sudden.

I nod, " good, he's good."

" he's playing prince Eric in the new Little Mermaid right?" he asks again, and I advert my eyes as i just nod.

Callum laughs " yeah I heard the rumours, but didn't think it was true." his attempt at being civil makes me feel nauseous, trying to be friendly like I'm the one who stopped talking, stopped picking up his texts.