WIKIPEDIA ,

WIKIPEDIA.

SHOWING RESULTS FOR : OLYMPIA HARTLEY

( Olympia in 2021 )

full name: Olympia Georgia Hartley
born: 12th July 1995 , Holland Park, London
occupation : actress
years active: 2003- present

Olympia Hartley is a English actress, most know for her work in tv shows such as: Peaky Blinders , World On Fire , sex education and films such as: Fantastic Beasts and where to find them , The Gentlemen and The Holiday house.

EARLY LIFE.

Olympia was born to actress Catherine Hartley and lawyer Thomas Hartley in a hospital in Holland Park, London.

Olympia as an older brother Rhys Hartley , both grew up in London and were both educated until the age of eighteen. Where Olympia went to get a degree in dramatic arts and english literature at a university in London.

When growing up, Olympia was a active member in the drama club at her school and often shared photos and video tapings of her performance on her social media platforms.

CAREER

Hartley made her acting debut at the age of eight in English christmas film ' Love actually' in which she played as Amelia, Hugh Grant's characters daughter. Her innocence and paternal chemistry with Grant made their performance together rememberable and a fan favourite plot line.

Hartley acted in small parts, but her next big role was in skins at the age of sixteen in which she played Iris Granger — her role was controversial amongst audiences due to the heavy storylines her character had including themes of sexual assault and abortion, many argued that Hartley was too young to be acting out such situations. To which she combatted ' the characters sixteen, so why can't a sixteen year old play her?'

She was cast as Evelyn Shelby in the BBC original Peaky blinders — a role in which she fulfilled until season 4 in which her character was killed off in attempt to avenge her both her older brother John and husband Harry after their murders by Luca Changretta. Her portrayal of Evelyn, led to her first BAFTA nomination and win for best supporting actress. Despite not being on the show anymore she still appears on good terms with the cast, and still interacts with them on social media.

Keeping up with periodic pieces. In 2016, she was cast in the role of Asteria Black in ' Fantastic Beasts and where to find them' — a young half-blood witch shunned from her family. She reprised this role in the additional films: Crimes of Grindelwald , Secrets of Dumbledore.

In 2019, Hartley starred as Olivia Pearson in Guy Richie's The gentlemen — the daughter of drug lord Mickey Pearson. Hartley described the experience of working on the film ' extremely fun, and something I would definitely would do again if the opportunity arose- everyone here's just fantastic.'

In addition to this, Hartley was cast as Ottilie Milburn in Netflix Original ' Sex Education' — having reprised her role for all seasons despite speculation she may not be returning due to schedule conflict on additional Netflix show ' Bridgerton' in which she plays Elsie Bridgerton and is supposedly preparing for her own dedicated season in the coming months.

Olympia starred along side her older brother Rhys as a sibling duo in BBC series 'World On Fire' in which they play siblings — Rhys' character going to fight in the war whilst Olympia's character trains as nurse on the frontlines, including a reunion between the two which warmed audiences hearts alike.

Hartley's most recent projects include her portrayal of Stella Kowalski for two months in New York ( 2021) which she rejoined at the end of 2022.

PERSONAL LIFE.

Hartley is known for her friendship with FB's co-star Callum Turner, which began on the set for the first film — photos were released of them hanging out in spots in New York. Fans were soon speculating about the two's relationship, especially as their chemistry during the press tour was noted by both the audience and other actors alike. Rumours spinning around about a romantic relationship between the two, after photos leaked of the two on holiday with Turner's family. Although, neither have ever commented on it and seemingly to be seen together less in the last few months.

Olympia is well known for her friendship with fellow actors, including: Florence Pugh, Tom Holland, Daisy Edgar Jones, Madelyn Cline and the casts of her previous projects.

As of mid 2021, Olympia has gone public with boyfriend Drew Starkey — although relatively private, the two have been spotted residing in New York for the past couple months.

FILMOGRAPHY.

FILM:

AMELIA — LOVE ACTUALLY (2003)

ASTERIA BLACK — FANTASTIC BEASTS FRANCHISE ( 2017 — )

OLIVIA PEARSON — THE GENTLEMEN (2019)

TELEVISON:

IRIS GRANGER — SKINS ( 2011 - 2013 )

EVELYN SHELBY — PEAKY BLINDERS (2013 - 2017)

OTTILLIE MILLBURN — SEX EDUCATION (2019–2023)

MATILDA CHASE — WORLD ON FIRE (2019–?)

ELSIE BRIDGERTON — BRIDGERTON  (2020–?)

STAGE:

STELLA KOWALKSI — A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE ( 2021 , 2022, 2023)