009, lifeline

MESSY
009, lifeline

@drewstarkey posted!

liked by: madelyncline , Olympiahartley and 3,456,895 others

drewstarkey: ⚓️

LOAD ALL COMMENTS:

username: parents are together again!!!

username1: drew really said PUTTING THE BREAK UP RUMOURS TO BED 🛌!!

rudeth: Charleston lookin a little bit different ?
olympiahartley: Sherlock...is that you!
rudeth: oh, I miss that British wit of yours Olympia!!
olympiahartley: ❤️

username2: is she wearing A RING!!!
— username3: SHUT UP ARE THEY ENGAGED!!

madelyncline: drew I'm coming to steal her!!
olympiahartley: I'm waiting!!

username4: kind of missing their New York era!!
— username5: that one fan video of him giving a standing ovation to her in the audience of streetcar will always be my Roman Empire!!

CatherineHartleyy: lovely photo drew! ❤️
drewstarkey: ❤️❤️
username6: olly's mum commenting on Drew's photo!!

olympiahartley: taking sneaky photos of me now? x
drewstarkey: was more for the view, you were just kind of there ❤️

WHEN DOES SOMEONE WHO YOU LOVE BECOME A STRANGER, like...when do you feel it? You can drift away, part ways and still love them — I've felt that before with people I've bonded with on sets but am never in the same city or country as them, and the odd occasion that I am I never have the time.

But this is different. Sat on the patio of some restaurant a day since Drew appeared at the door and a day since I last spoke to Callum. But it's felt like years since I spoke to him, not this person he's pretending to be. Or worst of all, the person he always was but he hid from me. Because I don't like this version of him.

He goes from being nice to telling me I'm only his coworker, from having fun at the beach to doing something that brings back the months..almost a year of heartache to sit heavily in my chest. For his actions to make me cry, to keep me up at night until I can't possibly think about it anymore without my mind melting.

He's constant throwing rope as I drown in the ocean that is us — the good, the bad, the memories that haunt me in both the best and worst ways. And just as I stretch my hand, just as my palm brushed against the broken bristles of my lifeline, of our reconciliation . He reels it back in. It's a process I've found boring, it's a process that I'm sick of letting me hurt.