CHAPTER 36: TEA PARTY

KNOCK KNOCK

The sound of knocking abruptly interrupted Helena's thoughts. She turned her gaze towards Nora, who was already making her way to the door to see who was behind it. When Nora reached the door, she inquired, "Who is it?"

Helena couldn't hear the response as the door was quite a distance from her bed. However, when Nora opened the door, Helena noticed a maid standing there, dressed in a maid's uniform.

"It's been a while since I've seen another maid besides Nora. Well, having only one maid has its advantages. I don't have to be constantly cautious, wondering about the intentions of unfamiliar women around me," Helena thought to herself.

With a creak, Nora closed the door after finishing her conversation with the maid. Helena concluded that their interaction must have come to an end. She shifted her gaze toward Nora and noticed a piece of paper in her hands as she approached.

Curiosity piqued, Helena nonchalantly asked, "Nora, what's the letter for?"

Nora replied, "Yes, princess. Leiea brought a letter from Princess Mera."

Helena recalled Mera, her older sister and the first princess of the empire. However, she knew very little about Mera besides her appearance. Helena took the letter from Nora, descended from her bed, and made her way to her reading table.

Once she reached the table, Helena picked up her letter opener and carefully unfolded the letter. The message inside read:

'Dear Sister Helena,

After our first meeting in the dining hall, I realized that we know very little about each other as sisters. Therefore, I have arranged a tea party at the Valkyrie Palace greenhouse this afternoon. It would give us an opportunity to get to know each other better and strengthen our sisterly bond. I hope you will attend.

Sincerely, Princess Mera Von Merula'

"A tea party, huh?" Helena mused. Her impression of Mera was that of a beautiful flower concealing thorns. Mera appeared elegant and regal, but Helena suspected there was more to her sister's intentions than a simple tea party. Ever since their father declared that the princesses could compete for the throne, Helena doubted that someone with Mera's demeanor and grace didn't have a hidden agenda.

Nevertheless, Helena didn't plan to decline the invitation. In fact, she was eager to see what her older sister had in store. She turned her gaze towards Nora and said with excitement, "Get my dress ready. I have a tea party to attend."

Nora noticed the enthusiasm in Helena's voice and smiled. She hadn't expected the princess to be so thrilled about attending the tea party with her sisters. Determined to make Helena stand out, Nora exclaimed, "Yes, Your Highness! I will select the most beautiful dress for you."

Helena didn't catch Nora's words as her attention was drawn to a system notification she received.

[DING]

[Mission: Attend the tea party]

[Description: Your dear older sister has invited you to her tea party at the Valkyrie Palace greenhouse.]

[Option 1: Attend the tea party. Earn a Mystic class weapon.]

[Option 2: Ignore the invitation. Receive 50 stat points.]

"Huh? A mission? I thought I was done with those after becoming a God. And why does the mission panel look different?" Helena wondered aloud, her suspicion directed at the system.

"Hey, system, when did you start giving me options, and why are there no punishments? What kind of game are you playing?" she questioned, her expression filled with doubt.