Chapter III | I Give My First Command

"I wonder what our kingdom is like now. I hope it is not worse than the last time I visited it." Galena wondered aloud as she put the books on the bookshelf, "All sorts of injustice were carefreely being done, Slave trading, Child Labor, every sort of creature was being treated miserably as assumed, the trees and plants were drying and rotting up, I saw many people trying to revolt against them but all they did was oppress them even more."

I looked at her, my heart scrunching up inside me, "When was the last time you visited your land?"

"Three years before, when I was eight, I thought maybe I could help and fix it myself, that was a dumb move, I don't even know how I escaped from there alive."

"Have you been living here all alone all this time?"

"Yeah," she began, "But it's not that bad really. I am always busy, preparing for your arrival, trying to think of ways to get my kingdom back, trying to contact m-" she stopped in a sentence, I could see the lights clicking off her eyes, as she started to break. She quickly recollected herself back as she turned to look at me with a sham smile on her face, "How old were you when your sister went lost?"

I saw how she have diverted the topic but I didn't point it out as I was afraid, I might break her up, "I was six, my sister was nine,"

"Oh, so, your thirteen, your sister must be sixteen now. That makes you both older than me," she stated.

"Well, how old are you?"

"Eleven," she replied. Indeed, she was young, meanwhile, at her age, I was trying to figure out why the moon was following us every time my mother took me for a car ride at night.

Galen' yawned as she placed the cooking pan back on the kitchen counter, "I guess we might need to get some sleep before starting the huge conquest," she mumbled, half-yawning.

I nodded in agreement, and she lent me a pillow and blanket. She slept on the bed, and I did on the sofa that stood near the bed.

I quickly went into a deep slumber after laying my head on the warm pillow, because of the sudden bizarre adventure which had just knocked into my life, it sure has taken a surprising turn in events-too surprising to believe but if that means I can escape from taking the Math exam, then I am eagerly ready and excited for whatever is next.

I turned as I hummed in my sleep before falling straight on my face on the ground.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed out of pain. I sat up and glanced over to the kitchen as I rubbed my forehead, and I saw the same vexerbud with his head stuck inside the basket of mushrooms.

A mischievous smile spread across my face as I quietly went towards it before swiftly grabbing it. It moved berserk, trying to escape from my hold. I carefully took the basket out from its head and stared at it with a smile, asking for mutual peace but all it did was hiss at me and briskly fly out of my hands and out through the window.

"Well, that is a rude way of saying thanks," I chuckled as I watched it fly freely away into the deep forest.

I sat on a wooden chair near the window and folded my arms on the dining table which faced the window to rest my head. I took a glimpse at the innocent and dewy night of the forest after the rain before going back to sleep.

But the welcoming and sweet sleep was once again washed away by a sudden red and yellow flash of something flying outside near the window as my eyes slowly fluttered shut.

My eyes snapped open as I examined it carefully, before realizing what it was and quickly sitting straight up. It was the same bird that brought me to this place and once again when the bird realized that it had been seen, it flew away.