Chapter XIII | A Demon Face Hidden Behind Angel Wings

I slammed the wooden door behind my back, gasping for breath after the whole crazy encounter.

"That was a close one!" Galena muttered, brushing off her messed-up hair from her hair.

Toivo and Flubber flopped at the side of the smelly-dark street, the same deserted place from where we terrifically entered Cepheus's camp from.

But all of a sudden, our eyelids started to get heavy, heavier than the neutron stars or the black holes and our heads started to feel oozy.

The last thing I remember was Galena and Toivo hitting the hard-smelly ground like me before the blanket of darkness covered our senses.

"WOOF! WOOF!" The barks of Flubber filled the cold air of the place we now lay on which constantly shaken and jerked.

My eyes opened and I saw a black metal ceiling a few feets above us.

WOOF! WOOF!

I squinted my eyes and looked around me in the brisk darkness to find the others laying knocked out on the musty carpeted ground. My eyes widened from fear, "Galena! Toivo!" I exclaimed and shouted at them as I shook them to wake them up from their unconsciousness.

And after some more shouting and crazily shaking, their eyes slowly opened. They groaned and sat up, puzzled and petrified like me.

"Where are we?" Toivo questioned, rubbing his eyes.

"I don't know but it sure does not seem good." I anxiously replied.

Faint light blinked out of a small opening from one of the walls of the moving place. We were perhaps in a car or something.

Galena quickly stood up and raced towards the bright silver window. "Guys...I guess we are abducted by the-auction sellers...'' Galena nervously stuttered as she peeked out of the dim opening.

"WHAT?" I exclaimed.

"Oh! Not the Auction sellers!" Toivo muttered out of worry.

"What-What are you all talking about? What are these auction sellers?" I questioned, completely confused.

"You will soon know." Galena faintly whispered as she continued to stare out of the window.

Suddenly, the 'moving place' or perhaps a car or whatever we were in stopped moving. The roof slid open and faint silver light escaped from the open roof, illuminating our dust-covered faces.

There was a man with a pastel purple moustache and a weird maniac-like smile spread across his face, peeking with his bloodshot eyes from the corner of the open roof.

"Well...hello there! Nice to know that you all are finally awake or else it would have been a bit of 'to-do' waking up you-kiddos!" He said in a strange honeyed voice and threw a jute rope down with some knots created in between to help us climb it, "Now get out of there before you miss getting into those nice wealthy hands!"

We looked at each other confused and anxious. I turned my head away, shrugged off the intrusive thoughts and decided to go out first.

This would be fine. Everything would go just right.

My hands shrieked in pain, it felt as if thousands of pins were stabbing my palm at the same time as I climbed out of the dark cell before finally reaching the top and jumping off from the roof of the green van, and after a few moments, Toivo and Galena followed and came out.

We looked around and saw many other vans and cars and some even trucks filled with abandoned kids of all ages, races, clothing and behaviours.

What are they going to do with them?