Chapter VII | The City Of Mikellar

Toivo groaned from exhaustion as he grabbed a magazine from the messed-up stack of papers, books and magazines. "We are never going to find anything!"

"Don't be so pessimist!" Galena snapped as she crumbled and threw another piece of paper behind her, which Flubber caught and started to chew on.

"Sunrise means to wake up with the thought of visiting Ye Old Tasty Inn to eat delicious waffles?" I read aloud the lines from an advertisement poster of some inn before throwing it over on the wooden table. "Are we ever going to find a proper clue to this thing"?

Fortunately, Toivo had a whole collection of useless papers, posters and everything else shoved inside one of the treehouses. Though it seemed like by the time we would be done going through all the papers, Gregory would have already died of mortal death.

Chirp...Chirp

Suddenly, we heard a loud and clear bird's chirping noise coming from somewhere near the entrance hole.

Galena's head shot up, "What was that?"

"Probably a random annoying early bird" I droned.

"That's weird, birds are rarely found nowadays" Toivo commented.

A wide grin spread across her cheeks as she gave me a look, "Do you get what that means?".

"Uh..." I pondered before gasping as I realized who the chirps belonged to. We dashed up from our seats and climbed up on the giant pillow as confused Toivo followed us. We squinted our eyes and raised our heads, looking toward the end of the tunnel.

"It is the same bird!" Galena exclaimed, pointing at the red-yellow bird which flew above the tunnel.

But it flew away as soon as it realized we saw it just like it had done the last time.

"Toivo! Quick! How do we get up there?!" I asked.

"By jumping on the pillow," He answered, confused, "But why though?"

I didn't waste a moment more and jumped on the pillow like on a trampoline though, I didn't realize it wasn't a trampoline until I was shooting up from the ground at gods-knows-how-fast before landing straight on my butt on the dry grass near the whole.

I groaned from pain as Galena got out with Toivo and Flubber following behind her.

"There it is!" Galena said, pointing at the red-yellow bird who was flying among the rotten branches of trees, and yet again, it flew away right after being seen. We sighed and sprinted behind the bright bird as it dived through the spiky-branched forest.

"Why are we following that bird?" Toivo asked.

"That is the same bird that brought me here," I answered in a panting voice, turning around another dying tree.

The bird flew up to a cliff before disappearing in the blinding sunlight from the sunrise that was directed right behind the depressing city of Mikellar.

Tall buildings with architecture similar to modern world skyscrapers and Gothic and Medieval designs crowded the whole city. Streets and alleyways lurked in the darkness of the buildings, and roads were filled with zooming hovering cars with no wheels.

Galena gasped, "The sunrise is the clue! It's the mainland!"

"Finally!" I sighed in relief.

"Alright. so, we have found our first clue for reconquering Mikellar." Toivo noted, "Now, what?"

"A disguise," Galena replied.

"Disguise?" I tilted my head quizzically, "Why would we need a disguise?"