Chapter 30 You Don't Have to Follow

Muse Silver-Green

Charlotte landed in the center of Three Leaf village on a patch of mud and grass. A large tin and stone fence partially sheltered the dragons from bursts of acidic wind.

Hundreds of dragons worked on finishing tower homes, and fifteen dragons were cooking onion soup for volunteers. Another hundred dragons worked in unison to build a third barn.

The towers were built to withhold the terrible storms of the Badlands.

Dragons that could not fly prepped fields for farmland and added fertilizer potions to the broken ground into usable soil.

Gloria walked to Charlotte with a sheep and onion pie. Commander Nickel followed her.

"Stop following me to the bathroom. Our bathrooms have holes in the floor, and you might fall in." Gloria rolled her eyes.

"If I'm being trailed, then I am making you suffer with me," Commander Nickel said.

"Nickel, I'm capable of saving myself." Gloria's snout flared as she grunted.

"Oh, Sweet Pumpkin, I'm here, so you don't have to hurt them." Nickel hugged her wing.

"Thank you, sweetie." Her giant wing enveloped Nickel in a hug.

Gloria's grandfather, Stew, walked up from behind.

"Do you have the paints we asked for?" Mason asked.

Gloria nodded, ' yes.' "Grandfather, Stew, has them. The shop owners are using our solar ships to sell and trade out of. We might keep it that way. There are seventeen other small villages in the Badlands. Most are sheep or tiger humanoids, and they refuse to purchase from Rob Salamander despite his threats of arrest. The Badlands villagers trade fire gems and don't use credits."

"I'll purchase fifteen humanoid-sized picnic tables with attached chairs and four dragon-sized ones, and I need new stage curtains for the theater," Mason said.

"There is a cloth shop that might have curtains in stock, but we won't be able to build furniture for another three weeks. If you don't mind teal and yellow tables, Grandfather might have those in storage," Gloria said.

"That will work." Mason's tail wagged.

"We have some more odd news." Holbrook approached Commander Nickel. "Did you see last night's video with the king's sister?"

"No," Nickel said.

"I hope this isn't another trick to adopt Jake," Gloria said.

Mason swapped out Commander Nickel's weapon while she wasn't looking.

Rob left his castle. Mason bumped into him, replaced his weapons, and pickpocketed him within a minute.

"You are an idiot." Rob walked off.

"My friend Tricia is an amateur magician," Mason said.