𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

SAN FERNANDO VALLEY, LOS ANGELES

Paloma nervously twiddled her thumbs over and over as she got passed Kali's security gate with a code she knew on the touchpad. Kali's home was a Mediterranean-style villa, and underneath the moonlight, it didn't feel like they were in the USA anymore.

Opening the door with her guest key, the first thing she noticed in the up-scale home was the reeking smell of weed. She kicked off her fuzzy faux-fur slides by the door. Kali and Melina were in the kitchen making taquitos, holding blunts by their manicured fingertips.

"Yassss!" They both cheered when they saw Paloma walk in. They treated her with an embrace. "Mi amor, por fin!" 

They gave her pecks on either cheek. Kali and Melina were in animal onesies, and they pointed to the counter for Paloma to get comfortable with them.

"Bitch, where were you?" Kali asked, one hand on her hip and the other circling her kitchen knife threateningly. "I'm tired of you flaking on me. Fake!"

"Facts."

"You too, Melina."

"Oh-"

"You won't believe my night," Paloma pulled her hoodie off her head, revealing her Calvin Klein sports bra and all her jewelry. She pulled down her sweatpants and stuck one foot into the fox onesie. Her matching panties had the tag sticking out, and Melina playfully pinched it, pulling her. 

"Bitch, are you drunk, too?" Paloma laughed.

"And you're not!" Melina pulled out Don Q Rum. It was halfway done. Paloma licked her lips and imagined the warm sensation blessing her tired body.

She swiped it by the neck. "OK, fine, but I can't drink that much. I have to be up early tomorrow."

Melina pulled the fox hoodie over Paloma's head. She playfully messed with the orange ears, frizzing up her actual hair in the process. The singer took a swig of the rum, released it, and made a hissing sound at the burning taste.

Kali burst out laughing. "That's for the coquito. Don't be like Melina and drink it all."

The kitchen smelled amazing as Kali fried the taquitos. Paloma couldn't help but notice that Kali had on a cat onesie... and Melina had a bunny onesie. She remembered her meeting with Benito and his producer, an hour before. She put Don Q down on the counter and decided to help with the coquito.

"Why were you late, hmm?" Melina followed her with her hands behind her back. Paloma opened the condensed milk with a knife and pestle. She positioned the sharp knife on the edge of the can and banged onto the back with the pestle, forcing a hole. Kali of course had a can-opener, but some things just stick. 

Paloma turned to Melina's playful eyes peering down at her. They were so red and hazy. High a kite. 

When she didn't answer quickly enough, Melina shoved her shoulder onto hers, leaning closer. "Tell me. Did you get a little boyfriend?"