𝐓𝐄𝐍

Paloma and Benito were on a purple and blue, neon-lit set

Paloma and Benito were on a purple and blue, neon-lit set. There were two illuminated silhouettes of a staircase. Benito was on the platform on the left. As he lip-sang, he'd make his way down his steps, and the crane camera would follow him. Paloma was standing on the middle platform, rolling her hips. When Benito reached her, he stood closely behind her, singing by her slender neck. They were so close, his lips would gently brush her skin.

Melina tore her eyes away. She stood behind all the camera operators, all the way in the dark. She held a water bottle by her side as she crossed her arms. Benito's hands trailed in front of Paloma's hips, just like the choreographer taught them, and she grinded on him, isolating her hips.

"Aren't they so hot?" Francesca said, appearing next to her. Her nose was stuffy - she just finished having a nervous breakdown in the bathroom over a wardrobe malfunction, but she was back.

"Yeah, they are," Melina eventually agreed, slow to it.

"Thanks for catching the Bunny by the way. He never listens to me about wardrobe. He acts like he doesn't understand English and picks something else."

She stifled a laugh. "That's hilarious."

"Where was he?"

"Um."

Fucking one of the dancers in the bathroom?

"His trailer."

"Seriously?! Man, why didn't I think of that!" Francesca remembered that she did in fact check his trailer, but the Bunny must've been so quick he avoided her and went back inside. "Boy... he's fast..."

"Next time, try a carrot on a thread."

"Hah! That's funny!"

Melina's eyes fell again on Benito and Paloma nearly groping each other. Her dark eyes furiously darted away.

"How'd you get him to listen to you, anyway? Ah... probably because you're a pretty girl."

"Is he really that difficult to work with?" She mumbled. Her nails were digging into the glued paper of the plastic water bottle.

"He is. But he wasn't always like this, I remember. It's really bad now, honestly. I'm surprised he still gets work." She paused and corrected herself. "No, I'm not surprised. He's—"

"Bad Bunny."

"—a man." Francesca finished. She considered Melina's words and shrugged. "That too."

"What changed in him?" Melina's tongue had a mind of its own. Francesca might be a nervous wreck, but she's been working on these music video sets for a long time and knew what she was talking about.

"Honestly? You know what I think it is?" She looked to her right and left. She leaned in and outstretched her palm, whispering, "The engagement falling through."