𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Yo tambien

Yo tambien. Benito had said when they were making love. His voice resonated through her mind as she wet her face with freezing water. The running of the sink sounded like a violent waterfall right by her ears.

Why did he say that? I didn't say anything before that.

The freezing water mixed with her salty tears and sweat dripped into her mouth.

Did I?

It was like trying to remember a hazy experience. The feeling was there, so much so that she felt her stomach flip thinking about it, but to remember if she said anything before his 'yo tambien'

Don't get carried away, Kali's voice scolded her like an angel on her right shoulder. You know what he's like. No te deja.

Poof! The devil as Paloma appeared on her left. But you like himmm!

Melina swatted the illusions from her shoulders. She hastily exited the bathroom and turned back into the bedroom.

When she returned to the room, Benito laid with his face buried in his inner arm. As she went back to bed, she saw the light of his phone screen illuminate the corner anymore with each text from his ex-fiancée. It was still on the floor by hers, just as it did when they started. He hadn't bothered to check or look for it.

He snaked his arm around her waist and brought her in as the little spoon. He kissed her neck and embraced her tightly, holding his hand on top of hers and interlocking their fingers.

"What did you mean by that?" she said in the darkness.

Yo tambien.

His thumb caressed the slope of her wrist. She didn't have to clarify.

"Me di cuenta de lo que ibas a decir," his breath on her neck sent a wave of goosebumps up her back. "Y te gané."

"You didn't even say anything," she responded.

"You still understood me."

She felt her heart thrash in her chest, and Benito's beating heart behind her. With his chest pressed to the skin of her back, she could count his pulse if she wanted to.

Benito's hand held her chin and he moved her face up to his. Their lips were centimeters apart.

"Si lo quieres... lo digo."

She felt the icy feeling of cynicism compete with the warmth Benito's body, words, and emotions gave her. It fought inside her until she didn't know what to think.

Sensing her silence to that question, he expected no less. Melina hid away from real feelings towards him and would rather be made of ice.