𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

For once, Benito was on the right track, conscience and heart coinciding

For once, Benito was on the right track, conscience and heart coinciding. He left the Oakland Arena incognito: hands in his pockets, hoodie up, and a satisfied grin that wasn't like him these days. A security guard waited for him outside. Noticing the reggeaton star's chipper demeanor, the guard nearly didn't recognize him. When Benito left to go inside half an hour before, a heaviness had soured him, but now it was like night and day.

A Kali Uchis concert...? Banging her, too?

"Todo bien, Benito?"

Benito lifted his eyes, forgetting he wasn't alone. A small smile was fixed on his face, and his eyes were brighter. He was planning all the things they'd do on their date tomorrow. He felt like he was in high school again, and the girl he liked said yes. Benito was convinced that kind of excited, puppy love came around only once.

"Si. Muy bien."

As they neared the car, paparazzi came up like a swarm of crows. The security guard grunted. He was 6'5 and three hundred pounds. Nothing he couldn't handle but still incredibly annoying. He recognized their straggly faces, too. TMZ reporters... the worst and bottom of the barrel.

"Back up. Back up. Give him space. Back up."

"Benito! Why are you leaving Kali's concert?!"

"Estas enamorado de Kali?"

"Are you dating Kali Uchis, Benito?"

To the blinding lights of their cameras, Benito squinted his tightly. He forgot to bring shades. He was more concerned about Melina's bag when he flew out of the house.

A surge of annoyance shot through his veins. Seriously, he wanted to break their cameras. And what ridiculous questions they ask. He breathes air in proximity to a woman — and they're dating. He only met Kali once or twice when things were good with Gabriela. They were friends once. If he recalled correctly, Kali didn't like him too much.

And now...

A small smile broke through his lips at the irony. Not only that, but the absurdity of the TMZ reporters asking him baseless questions made him feel lighter.

If it was any other time, his mood would be soured, but things were good with Melina. Getting better. Instead, he laughed.

Back in the arena, Kali wrapped up telepatía, and it dissipated into a slowed and reverb version, as the hot pink lights of the stage melted to a sultry purple. Echoes of Dead To Me fragmented into the song, and the crowd went wild in anticipation. She slipped out into the fog and exited from a stairway built under her platform. She had 40 seconds to change as the dancers filled her absence.

Melina was right there with two other stagehands. Immediately, they helped slip Kali out of her tight latex body suit and into a religious-like outfit. The body suit easily came off with an efficiently designed zipper to save time, but the curves Kali had were another story.