𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Sleeping with Benito was a balancing act between vice and composure

Sleeping with Benito was a balancing act between vice and composure. His rough hands, calloused from training, were ever so gentle on her skin. Taking care, he was in control of the night. But by the slightest sound of her voice, he gripped her tighter, almost splitting the rope that bound him to take his time.

Every wrinkled twist made into the sheets, the fumbling of hands holding each other, the fluidity of their movements and positions... His hot body unleashed a wave of goosebumps in her stronger than the one before. With each wet kiss, they felt like they were spilling into each other.

Reggeaton from downstairs was muffled through the walls. Laughing, glasses clinking together, and more bottles being opened this late into the night were heard.

There was a loud conversation in Spanish with a group of men. They wondered where the host possibly disappeared to. Y Benito? Y el cabrón? A joke was then made. He probably got lost with a woman somewhere.

Self-conscious to their laughter, she tensed up. Noticing this, he kissed up her back to relax her. His soft lips reached her ears and whispered, "Tranquila. Es sólo entre tú y yo."

He embraced her closer from behind. Wanting her lips, he tilted her face to his, "Me gustas. Cuando entenderás?"

She believed him, and she pushed all the insecurities out of her mind to fully be present with him.

Little by little, the guests left the property. This night would live in their memories as an amazing party. For Benito and Melina, it would be the night that changed everything.

She woke up with his face nuzzled in her neck. His soft, calm breathing tickled her chin. His lips were scarcely wet. They were fleshy pink and swollen. Hers were identically ravished. They kissed nonstop when they were done.

Sensing her movement, Benito's hands reached for her hips under the cool, silk sheets. He nestled his face closer and dozed off again. This was his best sleep for quite some time.

Careful to not wake him up, she reached for her phone on the bedside table. The time was 6:25 AM. Early as hell. Back to bed.

When she was going to put her phone down, she saw an unexpected notification.

(1) message request from gabrielaberlingeri

Heartbreak is a reckless dive off a cliff. One that is slow to crash.

Melina stared up at the ceiling for quite some time. Opening Gabriela's message was the dive off the cliff, and she was still falling in the air, waiting for the crash of reality to set in.

Numb, she looked at him. Benito slept soundly on top of her. His warm body pressed down on hers like a blanket.

She didn't know how much time went by.

Absentmindedly, she brought her legs off the bed like a robot. Pressure came down on her hand. It was Benito grabbing her wrist.

He groggily asked. "Te vas?"

Falling... falling...

His sleepy voice was the collision at the bottom of the cliff, snapping her back into reality.

Crash.

She yanked her hand free in anger. "No me toques."

Alarmed, Benito sat up in confusion. He watched as she searched for her clothes. They had such a good night. What happened..?

With her jeans on, Melina pulled her shirt over her body.  He opened his mouth to say her name, and she cut him off.

"I know Melina is there. Don't piss me off."

She recited the screenshots Gabriela sent her.

"Rico idea. Goodnight."

Timestamped an hour before they slept together.

Benito's eyes widened. She searched for her handbag, but she couldn't find it in her frenzied state. He got off the bed and grabbed her arms, making her look at him. "En realidad, no me iba a atrever-"

"You DID."

"No fue mi intención..."

"Oh my God."

Fuck the purse. She reached for the door, and Benito purposefully stood in the way. He stared into her tired and pained eyes. He messed up, and he'd pay for it a million times.

"Melina, please, escúchame. No fue así."

"It was, and you got what you wanted."

"The only thing I wanted was to be with you. Todavia quiero ser contigo."

She tried not to cry. She knew better than to get involved with him all this time. Here she was — the idiot. He stayed fixed in the spot between her and the door.

She controlled her withering voice, "I'm not Gabriela. Okay? I never will be. The first time we touched you thought I was her, and now I hate being compared to her, not just online, but especially by you. Everything you do goes back to her, and you know it. Don't use me to hurt her because you're hurting me too."

His eyes watered. Paying for his deeds a million times wouldn't be enough.

She reached for the doorknob. Numb, he pulled his back off the door. She yanked it open and left the room instantly.

Benito was left alone again, in the cold room that hours before was filled with so much passion.

The gold chain of her black purse peered from beneath the bed. Not only would she be haunting his memories, but a literal possession of hers was still in his house, under the bed they shared.

"Melina," His voice was barely audible. "Lo siento."

Francesca was gently shaken awake. She'd been sleeping in one of the guest rooms at the farthest end of the hallway.

Her fatigued eyes opened to Melina's face dripping with tears. A sight she'd never seen before.

She sat upright. "Mel?! What's wrong?"

"We have to leave right now..." Her voice was hoarse and thin. The tears created a lump in her throat. "I need Plan B."