𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

INCOMING CALL 📞Unknown

INCOMING CALL 📞
Unknown

Getting ready for Kali's show, Melina heard her phone ring as she was listening to Spotify. Myke Towers' voice was instantly cut off as the call came through.

Brushing her teeth, she peered her head over. An unknown number. Ugh, probably a spam call.

She swiped it up and away from her sight. Her reggeaton continued to play, and she spit out the toothpaste.

new text message !

Odd. She put her toothbrush back in its place and saw the unknown number texted her.

unknown
hola melina,
its benito
podemos hablar?

Her heart descended faster than it had in a long time. The very way it always did around Benito. She'd forgotten what a hold he had on her. How she melted so fast. How the chemical reaction ignited in her like a lighter.

Going no contact gave her a sense of peace... but no passion. All it took was a text from him, and all those forgotten, excited emotions swirled inside her in an instant.

As she stared at his text in shock, excitement, and anxiety, he called her again.

INCOMING CALL 📞
Unknown

ACCEPTED !

There was a short silence on the line. A knot lumped inside her throat, and she swallowed it down. "Hello?"

"Melina."

His voice was as deep as she remembered, and to hear him say her name through the line made her stomach drop.

On his property, Benito stood by the same place he'd kissed Melina months before. The pool in front of him reflected a beautiful cerulean blue, and he remembered how carefree she was jumping in. She slipped out of her clothing and canon-balled in her underwear. He thought she looked beautiful, not because of her body, but because of her joyful nature. Her scream as she hit the water. Her laugh when her head floated up to the surface. To think he was the source of her happiness cutting short.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Eres una mujer tan especial. I think about what happened so much that I can't sleep. You didn't deserve that. Lo siento, mil veces. Lo—"

He became choked up and fell silent. There was more he wanted to say. He was so nervous she'd hang up that he spoke quickly, getting in what he could. He didn't expect to get choked up and lose what unknown time she'd grant him.