𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

He rented out the museum during its after-hours in advance

He rented out the museum during its after-hours in advance. With an expectation to the nightly security guard, the museum was all theirs. They wandered into the painting exhibit, alone in the corridor, and stood side by side. She tilted her head, looking up at Van Gogh's Irises.

Wanting to get closer, she stepped to the side, the fabric of her coat brushing on Benito's arm. He extended his arm to her hip, and she bit back a little smile. She laid her head on his shoulder as they looked up at the painting together. Her sight danced into the blue flowers, getting lost in each paint stroke, and sharing their moment of closeness.

She lifted her chin to stare deeply into his eyes. They kissed in front of the painting, and what should've only been a moment between them ripened into something bigger. A kiss wasn't enough to satisfy, not anymore.

"I want to go home with you..." she murmured, even though it seemed like going back to his in time wouldn't be possible. They wouldn't make it.

"Lo que tu desees," Benito replied, cupping her cheek with one hand before kissing her again and again.

But, this was all in her head. 

Really, Melina was still sitting in the heated seat of Benito's car, wishing enviously she was in her daydream instead of this unfortunate moment.  The museum entrance down the street was blocked by paparazzi. What was supposed to be their secret date, their escape faced obstacle after obstacle. 

He wondered... he told Gabriela he'd see her today... could she have..?

Slowly, they turned their heads to look at each other inside the car. Melina gave him a little smile, and he reluctantly put the car back into drive.

"I'm sorry," he sighed.

"Why? It's not your fault. There's still the movies."

"But it wasn't your first choice... all because of TMZ de la mierda."

She bit her cheek to not laugh. He drove them away from the crowd and made a quick phone call with the Bluetooth apologizing to the museum about the unnecessary attention outside. The director told him not to worry, and that they'll call the cops to disperse them.

Benito drove into the parking garage of the cinema. As he looked for parking, the shadow of something strange curved around the corner by the concrete pillar. His dark eye darted to the rearview mirror, thinking it strange and keeping his gaze on it.

Melina was very comfortable around him now and connected her phone to the Bluetooth, so she didn't notice a thing. Then, her song shuffled to Delincuente and she sang along to Tokischa. 

Right off the bat, she knew the lyrics, and Benito did a slow turn to look at her. She was in her world finishing the vile words and dancing in her seat.

Again, Benito saw the strange movement down the corner, this time the look headlights turning on. Something was wrong. He parked the car in a hurry and looked at her, telling her to stay in the car.