Chapter 10

18+ Mature Content:

I don't know what to do, how do I help?

Eddie's devastated, I know he's blaming himself; I can see it in his eyes, their telling me the story he refuses to speak. I keep his hand in mine on the drive back, bruising and swelling finally starting to set in.

"I need to get you some ice." I whispered.

"I'm fine, baby. It doesn't hurt." He muttered, keeping his eyes focused on the road.

"Just an idea, why don't we stay at a hotel tonight. It's a long drive back and we can be close if Jeff needs anything." Gareth suggested, poking his head between our seats.

"Sounds good, I'm fucking tired anyway." Eddie sighed flipping the turning signal to get off the highway.

He pulled into the parking lot of the Four Seasons Hotel.

Fuck, this is nice.

The tall building took my breath away, I've never stayed in anything like this. Eddie got out of the car and came to my side opening my door for me. "Thank you." I gave him a small smile.

He looks exhausted he lazily returns a smile; grabbing my hand and pulling me along with him. My heart breaks for him, I just wish I knew what to say. How to comfort him in this moment.

The man at the front door pulled in open for us with a smile. "Thank you." Chrissy smiled brightly.

"You're welcome, Ma'am." He nodded his head.

The lobby of this hotel was insane, the chandelier sparkled in the bright light. Black furniture sat methodically on white marble floors. The art work on the walls were astounding and fit the vibe of the hotel so perfectly. It was beautiful.

"Wow.." I breathed.

We walked up to the reception counter, instantly being greeted by a younger gentleman in a black suit. "How can I help you?" He said with an enthusiastic smile.

"Two rooms, Eddie Munson Corroded Coffin." Eddie grinned sliding his debit card across the counter. I love hearing him say that.

"Oh! Yes Sir, Two bedroom Deluxe Elliot Bay suits." The guy attempted to conceal his excitement, but was practically bursting at the seems. Mason. How cute.

"Thank you, Mason." Eddie chirped, snatching the two keys he put on the counter.

"No problem, Mr. Munson." He excitedly waved us away. Eddie shook his head, letting out a small laugh as we walked towards the elevators.

"Do you ever get used to it?" I asked him and Gareth.

"Do you?" Chrissy asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Yeah, my famous author." Eddie smirked leaning in to kiss my blushed cheeks.

"I don't get recognized that often." I mumbled.

The elevator stopped on the twenty first floor, digging when the doors opened. Our rooms were right down the hall from each other, Eddie and I stopped at our door. Chrissy and Gareth gave us both hugs before turning into their room.

Eddie opened our door; I couldn't stop my jaw from hitting the floor. The lobby had absolutely nothing on this room. "Holy shit!"

The first room had a tan couch lining the wall with a glass table sat in front of it, a grey reclining chair off to the side. The windows were floor to ceiling and showed the beautiful Puget Sound and Elliot Bay, with a white Farris Wheel sitting on the board walk.

I slowly walked over to the window looking down on the Sound, I felt Eddie walk up behind me pressing his chest to my back, pulling me closer to him by my waist.