2. The Boy With A Guitar

Myra :

"You should have seen his face after losing the debate to me by 1 point" Neha blabbered through the phone. I hummed while laying down in the comfy bed.

Well Neha has been my bestfriend since forever, we are childhood bestfriends, she was my neighbour and then later, her family shifted to Kolkata but we are still connected as you see.

"It feels so good defeating my academic rival, Myra. I can't describe the amount of happiness - hello?"

"Yes, yes, speak" i replied.
"Sorry I was a bit absent-minded"

"Girl, you have been like this since an hour, what's been distracting you?" She asked, which got followed by my silence.

"No, I mean something popped in my head." I replied after a while, my eyes diverted to Chirag who entered my room and said loud aloud -

"Something or SOMEBODY?"

"Chirag - " I aimed my pillow at his face and threw it. His reflexes are good enough and he saved himself by getting out of the room, and the pillow hit the door, right where he was a few seconds ago.

"Bitch" I yelled, after he left, but I know he heard me well.

"What-?"

"No- not you Nehu, I said that to my troublemaker cousin." bitch is gender neutral to me for your information.

"Anyways, you met somebody?" she asked from the phone.

"Yeah?" it came off my mouth more like a question than a confirmation.

"And you didn't yet tell me? When were you going to tell? You met who? Where? How ? and why do I not-"

"Yes, I met a guy a while back." I cut her off by admitting, and soaked her in with all the details.

"Girl- oh my god..I am speechless" she said after an hour of listening to my descriptions.

"I know, right?" I replied back. From this side of the phone I could hear Neha's mom telling her something, which I couldn't figure out well.

"Babe, some guests have arrived, will ping you up later at night, okay?" she said and I hummed and hang up the call.

Thinking about today, it was a good day.
But, wait I will miss the beautiful sight of the ocean, from my balcony. The moon is at it's bright and so I took my earphones and went to the balcony. Call me old fashioned but yes, I still use those plug-in earphones.

I tuned it to Pal Behta Jaaye by Vismay Patel from Spotify and enjoyed the view and my surroundings which for sure I will miss a lot.

Vismay Patel has been quite an underrated singer and his songs have always touched my heart, his songs are masterpiece but underrated, only a true music lover would ever find them.

My eyes fell on the one sitting in the balcony, next to the one next to mine.
He had a guitar in his hand and for some reason I stopped Spotify and removed my earplugs to hear him.
He couldn't see me but I could see him crystal clear from here.
His fingers played with the chords before started singing.

Aage aage chalu mein,
Pichein meri zindagi,
Thoda sa jilu aaj marzi hai meri...

Kache kache rasto pe,
zindagi hai tedhi si,
Roshan hai raat aur subah meri andheri si..

Beetein lamho ko bhulake,
Pal thode se churake
Pal dhire dhire behta jaaye jaaye..

Wait, coincidentally we had the same songs in our mind at the same time. Funny but I swear, never in my life have I ever heard such rich , masculine voice and god, it is so soothing and so beautiful.

The wind ruffled through his hairs and the way his lips parted with every lyrics that came from his mouth,
I wasn't even breathing properly to make sure he didn't catch me hearing him sing, but it was useless, miss luck had some plans, my phone buzzed loudly and our eyes met.

"Shit" i cursed through my breaths.

I was standing immobile for a few seconds before I withdrew myself from the balcony with a gasp, to pick up the call.

"What is it, why are you calling me?" I answered after picking up.

So here is the chapter 2! Who do you think called Myra?😂 Let me know in the comments! Vote if you like! 🤍