6. That Basketball Fella

Myra :

It has been two days here in Kolkata.
Today is my first day of school, I am so excited and nervous at the same time.

"I have some announcement guys! Let me introduce my bestfriend , Myra" Neha stepped up on the chair in canteen and introduced me to her friend circle.

I couldn't help but smile. She is always outgoing natured.

"Hey, I am Arsh." He gave me a hug
"This is Kiara" she too gave me a hug.
"and meet my cousin, Ishaan, he too is in our group." Kiara pointed towards a guy who looked disinterested in this whole introduction thing.
It's okay we all have a grumpy ass dude in our friend circle, i said to myself while looking at him. He did that one eyebrow thing and I realized I was looking at him for quite some seconds, so I shaked my head and joined the others.

"Make yourself comfortable Dummie" Neha patted my shoulder.

"Also, let's give you a tour of our school in one of our free periods." Kiara offered.

"Sure, let's do that." I said.

They started giving me a tour of their school and we three really bonded over no time. Kiara is a sweet girl, I like her.
Neha was called by the librarian so now Kiara is only giving me the tour.

"So, almost everything is over, let's see..." she pouted.

"Ah, Let's take you to the basketball court. Bet, you have not visited our basketball court before."

"Nope, I didn't go there." I added.

We went to the basketball court and the boys were already busy playing basketball.

A guy paced faster dribbling the ball and from a straight 5 point zone he did a basket.
"WOHHOOOOO!!! AKKSHAAN! AKSHAAN!" the girls cheered.

No way, no way, this cannot be happening. Is he- is he? Shaan? I whispered to myself.

"Huh?" Kiara asked.

I might be wrong, and even if he is Shaan, he might not remember me anymore since it has already been two months.

"Who is that duh?" My voice faltered, as I asked Kiara.

"Oh Him? He's Akshan, he has his reputation for being a cold hearted, straight-A student in our school. Like girls are crazy over him, Rhea is chasing after him, i hate that girl duh." Kiara said.

"He seemed to have grabbed your attention, huh?" she smirked.

"No, no, nope. Nothing like that" i laughed it away nervously.

"Also, rumours has it he is gay." she added.

"Damn, Stephen High is interesting, ngl" i laughed.

"Haha, yeah, you will like it here. Now, let's go back." she said.

"Sure, let's go."

While coming back, I asked her who Rhea was, and she started filling me with details. We grabbed coffee from our canteen and went to library to accompany Neha.

"So how was your tour, Myra?" Neha asked while arranging the books.

"It was good, btw, I have something to talk about." I said.

"What is it?" she looked concerned.

"Remember the guy named Shaan, whom I met during my post boards vacation to Goa?"

"I saw him here." I whispered.
She gasped and mouthed a "W-H-A-T?"
I explained her everything while our way back home. I promised to text her later on.

"Welcome home, Darling." Maa hugged me. I was surprised to see her since mom and dad were supposed to return Mumbai today.

"Oh no, the flights are cancelled and we plan on staying here for a week, that way you can settle yourself here" she added.

That's something i gotta thank my mother for, because without them, i would have felt a bit much lonely.
She insisted i go take rest for sometime since in the evening she had plans which was to introduce me with her bestfriend and her children, one of her child too was in the same school as i am, and supposed to be in the same class, so i couldn't say no. Rather, the more i widen my social connections, the better.

While i laid down in my bed, thoughts of Shaan crept in. Was that basketball guy really him or I mistook for someone else? Should i go talk to him, or should I not? What if he doesn't remember me and ignores me, man now that will be embarassing.

Ugh! I just shut up my thoughts and went for a nap setting the alarm to 6:00 p.m.