3. Sunrise and Healing

Myra :

"Just checking on you, sister. Remember that boy we met today at the beach?" Chirag's voice hit me hard after picking up his call.

"Chirag, someday you gonna die from my hands and moreover I don't have a goldfish memory for your information." I snapped back at him from the phone.

"And who calls from the room next to mine?" I asked.

"You are forgetting your balcony is next to mine and his balcony too is next to mine, so I could practically see you leering at him." he said, being the bothersome brother he is.

" Leering, shouldn't be the term you use in this case and nextly you ruined my moment and he was singing so beautifully." I said, while he started laughing.

"Always remember, apna time ayega"
I said and hung up the call.

Chirag is known for such mischiefs, being the dumbass he is. Anyways, I couldn't hear that guy anymore so I went ahead to the balcony again to check. There was no sign of guitar and no sign of him. I knew I had weirded him out, this is embarassing.

Before I could regret anymore he came back to the balcony again and looked straight at me.
"Damn, are you serious?" I muttered and looked away. Why am I acting weird all of a sudden?

To add more fun to my situation, Chirag too came into view. Okay so what does this mean? I escaped from the balcony and back to my room. I peeked from the balcony door and saw Chirag and that guy making small conversations. I dropped a text to Chirag.

"Ask him his name." Sent. Seen.Typing.
I didn't expect Chirag to see my texts in an instant.

Typing...

"Who had hung up my call before?" he replied adding that smirk emoji.

Typing..

"Tera time aane se pehle hi mera time agaya." he added. As I say Lady Luck always remains on my opposite party's favour.

"Sorry, but please, you are my only cousin, my favourite cousin, haina?" I replied.

"Okay okay, will ask" he replied back.

I saw them chatting for the next few minutes from a distance. Then, I realized it was time I pack my bags since we were returning back home.
This sucks actually crushing over a random guy you meet in a vacation only to never see them again.

"It's okay Myra, you have had many random crushes before, nothing special" I said to myself.
Also, my academic year is going to start soon and I am not yet decided with which school to join. I heard my phone beep.

"Shaan." Chirag had texted.

"Shaan" the name rolled from my lips slowly and smoothly, well, atleast I know his name, I can live with that.

I slept off that night and woke up in the blue hour, to not miss my temporarily last sunset in Goa. I made myself a cup of coffee and went ahead to sit on my balcony with a book.

It was after a few minutes that the sun rose, scattering it's hues all over the blues of the sky and the sea.
Sunsets are overrated but deserves the hype, while catching sunrise is rare and more refreshing specially when it is by the sea side.

I breathed in the air, and closed my eyes. Why, am I tearing up? I am over that incident, everything is fine now. I breathed out all the negative thoughts and chaos from my mind. I feel good now, relaxed, yes.

I absorbed as much as my surroundings i could from my eyes and took a last glance at his balcony, it was empty. Maybe he is not yet awake.
I came back to my room again and went to my parent's.