11. Dosti pakki samjhe?

I dressed up for going to Kiara's house, since she invited us to her Diwali party.

"Ruko, I will bring you a pretty pair of jhumkas, which i bought for you." nani said after hurrying me telling that i was getting late.

"Here." she handed me a beautiful pair of jhumkas, which enhanced my white anarkali.
The thing about traditionals are they are perfect for any occasion.

My phone buzzed from my bed, i picked up the call,
"Kab arahi hai tu?" Kiara's voice came from the other side.

"Jaldi aa yaar." Neha joined.

"Yeah guys coming, ruko 1min mein arahi" I said and hang up the call before they could say anything else.
I hurried up and clicked some mirror selfies for my Instagram story. ( I mean ofc! That's mandatory XD)

Then, I went ahead to close the windows of my room but my eyes went ahead to focus on the opposite window to mine, which was Akshan's.

"Oh my god! Why exactly the fuck is he shirtless!?" I paused for a moment, well before he could catch me gawking at his perfectly built abs and lean muscular figure, I closed the windows.

"Huff! It's safer now, he can't see me, but I can see him, muehehe thanks to this unique glass windows." I thought to myself. It's getting late but, can I stare at him for some more? Like I mean, I ain't a simp guys but he is so fine! Ahhhh-

He moved around his room shirtless, searching for what to wear. Then he looked towards my window-
WHAT!? why!
It was just my imagination or did i really feel his gaze pierce through my glass windows ?
Then he slowly closed his windows. Byass! I couldn't see him anymore, well anyway I was getting late.

"Sabdhane jas" (Go safely) nani said from behind.

"Ping me when you reach." Maa said while giving me a kiss on the cheeks.
It feels good to be back in Kolkata.

---

I pressed the doorbell. Ishaan opened the door.

"You look- uuh- anyway
Welcome. They are in the living room. Come inside, i will show you the way." he fumbled, gesturing me to get into the house.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"Nothing." Ishaan took me to the living room. The interior of the house was beautiful. Minimal designs and beautiful furnitures adorned Kiara's home. She introduced me to her parents.
Gosh her parents are so lovely as well.
While i helped my girls with the rangoli, in my peripheral view I saw Ishaan decorating the balcony with beautiful diyas.
Ishaan's mom and dad were present as well, they too were so sweet and humourous.

Coincidentally me and Ishaan twinned today, we both were wearing white today, not gonna lie he really looks good in traditionals.

" Myra, we can take over from here, can you go and help Ishaan with the flowers."
Neha said, looking at me.

"Huh? Uhh sure sure." I went ahead and asked him if he needed any help.
He looked at me as if someone woke him up from sleep and now he was pissed.

"Can you spread this flower petals around the diyas?"

" Yeah yup! Let me." I did as he said.
Since you guys know, i cannot work in silence. I asked him the dumbest question ever-

"Your mom and dad were so sweet and smiling. How come you not smile for a single time? Areh has liya Karo yaar- bina haste huye log chipkali jaise dikhte hai."

"Whaaaaat!? Hahahah! Chipkali." he burst out laughing.
"alag hi metaphors and similes use karte ho" he laughed.
"and i ain't grumpy or anything, it's just that- i cannot quite become friends easily with strangers."