4. End of Vacation?

Myra :

"So are we done packing? Let's see." I muttered to myself while rechecking if I had packed all my stuffs.

Wait, where did I keep the souvenirs ! I have been a bit clumsy these days, I keep on forgetting things, shit.

"Maa, have you seen the souvenir which we bought for my friends?" I asked her in call while searching for the souvenirs.

"I have already packed those, now hurry up and come downstairs, we are checking out."

"Yup, going." I said and hang up the call. The helper came and helped me with my luggage and we went downstairs.

Nah man, I will miss this place a lot, while the elders were going through the process of checking out I took a mini escape and fled to the restaurant beside the lounge.
"Fuck I should have visited this place before, it's sort of a restaurant plus aquarium. it is like a huge hall enclosed with aquariums and marine world.

Such a cool place to be, I should have found this place out sooner. They have dragon fish, gold fish, clown fish and a variety of exotic breeds of fishes.

"Ain't that Dory from Finding Nemo?" I said to Chirag who came to stand beside me and gazed at the fish with equal amazement.

" Technically yes, that's called Regal Tang." He replied, next I pointed to another fish and asked about it.

"That's Mandarin Goby, found mostly in Pacific Ocean."

"Wow, they look amazing though." I said to him.

"We should have found this place sooner, that way we could have time to order something and sit in one of these fancy tables and have our meals while enjoying the beauty" I added. The room was lit with the lights fixed inside the aquarium and a faint cerulean bluish light to match the vibe of the place.

"and what are these fish called?" I asked pointing towards an orangish kind of fish.

"Oh those are Discus , they originate from the Amazon river." he said.

"Wow, you sure do have a lot of knowledge regarding fishes."
I couldn't stop myself from appreciating.
In respond he giggled while flaunting his talent.

"Quick, look at those two, they are changing colours." Chirag pointed at two sea horses.

" Are they dancing, that's romantic though" I looked at them with all my attention.

"Well yes, dancing is their way of showing love" he stated, a sudden change in his voice, something seemed amiss that was not Chirag's voice, who was it?

I turned back to find a tall figure practically towering over me, it was Shaan, who looked at me with such heated gaze which could practically carve a hole right through my chest.

"Oh" I squeaked with my low feeble voice, which I guess he didn't hear, or else he seemed to completely ignore it.

"Hey man!" Chirag playfully slapped his arm.
"So, you're leaving today?" he said, and they started conversing, ignoring my presence.

What is this tension bro, if he is talking to my brother he should talk to me as well, and if he was offended by me staring then he should just confront it, right? This is so not done, did Chirag say something about me probably for which he is ignoring me?

No no, maybe I am overthinking too much, it's fine handsome guys are seldom good. I went out of the aquarium without acknowledging them. Soon after a few minutes, Chirag came back and we left for the airport.
We had a 1 hour 15 minutes sort of flight and then we landed to Mumbai.

We were back home and after taking a bath, which is very mandatory for me, considering how hygienic freak I can be. I went to my room and dozed off, cause I am very tired so I have no other options but sleep.

It was almost evening and I was awake, firstly it felt like it was day but then it felt like it was night but after a lots of struggle I realized it was evening.
The sky looks so pretty today. I came out from my room and saw mom and dad having their tea sitting on the couch.

"Mimi, I think you should take admission in one of the schools of Kolkata." Dad spoke.

"Yes, we want you to know about our Bengali culture and roots." Mom added.

"Also, you have your didu ( maternal grandmother) there, so you can stay there." mom said after taking a sip of her chai.

"Me and your mom will be here and in weekends we will visit you, We wish we could go with you but you know na maa, our jobs won't permit" dad said, patting my head.

"Well, I have read a lot about Bengal and our culture in Bengali literature books but never got a chance to see it and experience it in person. So i think I will love it." I said.

"But, maa, papa, let me think about this, If i am going I will miss you both so badly, at the same time me and didu never got to bond properly since we didn't get time often to visit Kolkata."
I added and after that I took a biscuit from the jar and dipped it in maa's chai.

"Also, I will miss this." I whispered, she hugged me tight and said that we shall discuss this again after dinner because my mom's phone rang and it was Chitra maasi, my mom's childhood bestfriend, so probably they will be chatting for the next 2 hours.

"You can help me in the kitchen Mimi, I am incharge of the dinner today." Dad announced.

"Sure papa, how can I deny you but only with the condition that you will buy me the Shatter Me series before I leave for Kolkata." I chuckled and looked at him with those himawari gaze.

"Okay okay, we will see" he cleared his throat and I cheerfully followed him to the kitchen while mom chatted with maasi over the call.