2|Baby proof

"Why is there so much traffic but it is so empty?" Wilson questioned.

"HEY! WILSON BABY COMING REMEMBER!"

"Right."

Wilson went up to a nurse at the receptionist's desk.

"Uh, I called, and um, my wife is having a baby."

"Right! Let's get you into the maternity unit."

The nurse took me and Wilson to a room, where a doctor waited. "Odd," I thought.

"Mr. and Mrs. Ricchi?" The doctor asked.

"Uh, yes," Wilson responded.

"Great! We have your C-section scheduled for 15 minutes from now."

"Gre-" Wilson tried to say.

"WHAT? A C SECTION? WHO SET THIS UP? "LAST TIME I CHECKED I WAS HAVING THE BABY!" I shouted.

"Yes, well, you are a VIP patient, to ensure your safety. Trust me it is the most optimal option. Bed rest is only for a week!"

"VIP? Since when?"

"Well, since you were born and are still a Bel Air resident, you are classified as a VIP patient." The doctor ranted.

"OKAY OKAY! DON'T FORGET I'M IN LABOR!" I scream.

"Time to go!" The doctor added while looking down at his watch.

I glared at Wilson and he shrugged his shoulders. Going down the hall to the OR was painful and long, just a dreadful experience. I could hear Lucia's feet drag on the floor. Once everything was set up, I was put under general anesthesia, and not long after that, Abigail was finally here. I woke up in the hospital room to see Wilson holding her.

"Let me see her," I said as I pulled myself up.

When Wilson gave her to me. I closely examined her facial features, hair color, and hair texture. She was fair but that should even out over time. She had loose curls, but the two things that confused me the most were her freckles and her caramel hair color, Lucia's hair was blonde but now and then it changes to a caramel brown. I looked up at Wilson and to my surprise, he wasn't surprised at all.

"Caramel hair runs in my family. Freckles too." He said.

"You had caramel hair?" I laughed.

"Wish I could have seen that,"

"No...I don't think you would." He mumbled.

Abigail was perfect, the nursery was not. I will return home in a few days.

"Wilson, please finish the nursery."

"Right, what else needs to be done?"

"The wallpaper I would prefer a polka dot one. Build the dresser, unfold the rug, and sit something on it so it flattens out. Also! Babyproof everything. Have Lucia help you, all she does is read and ride horses all day."

"Okay, that doesn't sound too challenging. I'll start tomorrow."

"No, today." I snapped.

"You just had a baby."

"Yeah, but you didn't. Now go! It needs to be ready by the time I get home."

"Okay, okay. I'll go. What should I start with first?"

"Wallpaper, there is no sense in going back and forth."

"But I want to stay." Lucia wined.

"No. Help your father, please."

"Fine."

"Alright, see you tomorrow."

"See you! Oh, wait! When you return tomorrow, bring me a book and my glasses."

"Gotcha!"

Abigail fell asleep, and I laid her back down. When I said soon, I didn't mean the same day. Gosh Sophia will have a field day. I looked up at the clock and it was 9 pm. I didn't have a book now, I was bored. I decided to examine Abigail more. She looked almost identical to Wilson plus freckles. Maybe I was jealous. I mean I was in labor for 5 and a half hours. She could at least have my nose or something. Soon I realized she had my skin tone and thick hair. Though her curls were looser than mine, she had brown eyes. Wilson has brown eyes.

Time crept up slowly. I remembered the hospital room had a TV. I wasn't much of a TV watcher. However, I could watch Law & Order any day. I am a lawyer after all. Then it hit me, no more maternity leave. I would have to return to work in a month or so. Luckily I work from home. I haven't seen my home office in 9 months. The doctor abruptly interrupted the murder case on TV.

"Hello, Mrs Ricchi," the doctor said.

"Hi."

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine, I guess."

I looked up at the clock at 10:08, I can go home tomorrow.

"Great! Discharge is in the morning." I smiled.

"Nice," I mumbled.

I was exhausted. I could say I fought in a war. I was exhausted but could not sleep. Soon after I drifted off to sleep, and woke up to a nurse holding Abigail.

"Where are you taking her?"

"I'm checking her out, and getting her dressed in the outfit you picked!"

"Okay?"

Before I knew it Wilson was here with clothes and the carrier for Abigail.

"The books?"

"They are in the car."

"Lucia?"

"Wanted to stay home."

"Okay, let's go!"

I was more than ready to go and I started to become restless. I picked up Abigail while she scrunched into a ball. Wilson came over and put her in her carrier. We walked to the car.

"How was she?" Wilson asked.

"Who?"

"Abigail."

"Oh! She was fine. All she does is sleep, like now. She has been sleeping since the moment she was born,"

"Oh."

"I hope nothing is wrong with her."

"She is barely a day old."

I remember my mother telling me that newborn babies develop colic when they sleep for hours, which I did NOT want. That was all I could think about during the car ride.