Chapter 5| Poolside

I looked at Wilson while he held the book.

"Seriously I can't get over this book. Why are you even reading it?"

"It explains things better than you," I said while straddling him.

"Is that right?" He laughed.

"Let me read the first page and we will see about that!"

"Go ahead." I smiled.

Wilson declared dramatically, "Blue is the most preferred color in the world."

"Wow! This is what you learn from a book. Fascinating, " He said.

"In what world does that have anything to be associated with color contrast?"

" I don't know," I said while moving to the side of Wilson from his lap. His face contorted into a puzzled expression. He shook his head and sighed.

"It doesn't make sense."

"You know more than I do," I mumbled.

"I am heading to bed now, Wilson. Lily is coming over tomorrow."

I heard Wilson sigh and sleep. I woke up to check on Abby. I couldn't sleep, so I decided to get ready for the day. I walked into the bathroom and started my skincare routine. I cleansed my face with a gentle face wash, then applied a hydrating serum to my skin. Next, I applied a moisturizing night cream, and let it sink in while I brushed my teeth. I finished off my routine with a luxurious face mask, and let it sit for 15 minutes as I prepared my outfit for the day. As I stood in front of the mirror, I admired how my skin felt refreshed and rejuvenated.

I walked back to Abigail's room and picked out an outfit to wear. I chose a sweet white onesie and a matching pink headband. The onesie featured a cute elephant design with a pink bow around its neck. I smiled and then walked to the front door to get the newspaper. I heard the water from the pool splash as the wind hit it. Something came over me to swim in it. It may have been early but I felt obligated to.

I walked back to my room on the way I grabbed towels. Trying not to wake Wilson I went into the closet and slid into a black two-piece. I glanced over and saw black sunglasses, I took them. Before getting into the pool I checked on Abigail and Lucia. They were still sleeping peacefully so I decided to head out. I stepped out of the room and walked to the pool, deeply breathing in the fresh morning air. I dove into the pool and began my swim. I felt the cool water on my skin and swam across the length of the pool. As I reached the other side, I stopped to take in the beauty of the sunrise. I stepped out of the pool and sat on the pool chair. I grabbed a towel and tied it around my hair. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmth of the sun on my face. I felt relaxed and at peace. I slowly looked over at the poolside table.

" I didn't bring this for nothing," I mumbled to myself while grabbing the newspaper. I heard Wilson's footsteps behind me and quickly turned around. "Wilson! What are you doing up so early?" I asked.

Wilson looked at me with a puzzled expression. "I could ask you the same thing. What are you doing out here?"

I sighed,

"I just wanted to enjoy the morning sun. I was up early and decided to swim."

"I was also reading the newspaper. I was looking at stocks." I added

Wilson smiled. "Ah, always the savvy investor. Let's go inside and I'll make breakfast."

"What time is Lily coming over?" Wilson asked.

It shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes." I replied.

He nodded and we ate silently. When we finished, we both got up and cleaned up the kitchen. After a while, I left him to it. I walked back into the room and changed into my outfit for the rest of the day.

"Orange, that's different," Wilson mumbled. I ignored his comment.

"It will be enjoyable for you to spend the day with Abigail and Lucia."

"Maybe even draw them! If that's what you'd like," I added.

"I want to draw! We can ride horses today too!" Lucia yelled running out of her room.

"Lucía, ¿cuántos años tienes? " I asked Lucia.

"10," She mumbled.

"¿Ya eres toda una dama?" I said.

"Yes,"

"Then I think you are old enough and quite the lady not to listen to me and your father's conversations."

"Sorry." She said putting her head down.

" What did you tell her Kendall?" Wilson asked.

"Nothing so significant you must know,"

I told Lucia to go back to her room.

"Play polo with her today, please," I said loudly.

"Fine," Wilson mumbled