Chapter 8| Quinn

I got up and put something on for the day, Wilson did the same. I grabbed Abigail and made my way to the kitchen downstairs. I began to feed Abigail yogurt. Then the doorbell rang. Wilson opened it.

"Hello, Mr. Ricchi!" Quinn said holding his polo wear then looked over to me

"Hello, Mrs.Ricchi!" I smiled and nodded my head.

"Hello Quinn, Lucia is upstairs, or near the stables."

"Thank you." Quinn walked up the stairs. I followed up not too long after. They were already at the stables preparing their horses. I looked back at Wilson with lust in my eyes. Wilson returned the look and smiled. I walked over to him.

"Coffee?" I asked.

"Sure," he replied. Soon Quinn and Lucia had finished their polo match and came back inside.

"Who won?" I asked with a smile.

"I did of course" Lucia bragged.

"It was a close game, Quinn is the only person I have real competition with." She added.

"I better get going! Bye, everyone!" Quinn said as he walked out of the door.

"Bye, Quinn!"

"Lucia please change," I ordered

"Those clothes are dirty." She nodded her head and went to change. I looked down at Abigail who didn't finish her yogurt. I picked up the yogurt cup and finished it. When Lucia came back I asked her to take Abigail up for her nap and then check the mail. She came back with a stack of mail.

"Most of it is for El Padre, Blueprints, and home designs." She said while handing me four pieces of mail. Wilson came over to get his mail.

"Oh! It's a wedding invitation!" I said with a smile.

"Really, who's it for?"

"My sister," my smile faded into annoyance.

"That's exciting!"

"No, no it's not."

"Oh," he mumbled. I looked over and grabbed the next piece of mail. "My mom wrote a letter. That's different."

"Oh," he groaned deeply."Your mother only writes to you in Spanish."

"I'll read it!"

"Querida, Kendall Loraine.

¡Buenas noticias! Tu hermana se está asentando (Finalmente). Ella es una chica tan salvaje. Podría haberte enviado un correo electrónico de todos modos, pero la probabilidad de que lo veas es muy baja. Me quedaré contigo hasta la boda de Giselle, que es dentro de un mes. Dile a Wilson que no hay pelea, yo soy tu madre, vendré cuando me plazca. Quiero decir que soy una parte importante de donde estás hoy. Tengo muchas ganas de ver a Abigail también.

¡Oh! No dije la fecha en que vengo, el 7 de julio. Me voy una semana después de la boda de tu hermana porque apenas puedo. Y más vale que Lucía haya mejorado su español o me niego a hablar con ella. Espero que Wilson también hable un poco, no mucho. Sé que su cerebro está lleno de italiano de todos modos. Me gustaría la habitación de invitados del primer piso, no quiero escuchar las cosas que tú y Wilson harán ahora que no estás embarazada. ¡De todos modos! ¡Hasta luego mi amor!

Amar.

SRA. Raine Sofía."

"Yeah, I know what every word says."

"July 7th is tomorrow!" I didn't even acknowledge Wilson and ran to the guest room on the first floor.

"Lucia!" Wilson yelled.

"Si, El Padre!"

"Why don't you just call me Dad?"

"Because it's boring."

"Whatever, read this, and in English," Wilson said. Lucia sighed and picked up the paper.

"Dear Kendall Loraine.

Good news! Your sister is getting settled (finally). She is such a wild child. I could have emailed you, but the chance of you seeing it is slim. I'll stay with you until Giselle's wedding, which is in a month. Tell Wilson there is no fight. I am your mother. I will come when I please. I must say I am an important part of where you are today. I'm looking forward to seeing Abigail too.

Oh! My arrival date is July 7th, which I did not mention. I'm leaving a week after your sister's wedding because I can. And Lucia better improve her Spanish or I will refuse to talk to her. I hope Wilson speaks a bit, but not a lot. I know his brain is full of Italian anyway. I'd like the first-floor guest room. I don't want to hear the things you and Wilson will do now that you're not pregnant Anyway! See you later my love!

Love.

Mrs. Raine Sofia."

"Oh, come on!"

"A whole month," Lucia mumbled. "I'm very proficient in Spanish!"

"Sure, Lucia," he mumbled. Wilson entered the guest room.

Wilson looked around the room and shook his head.

 "Well, it looks like your mother will stay with us. I guess we better make sure the guest room is ready for her," he said. Lucia rolled her eyes.

"You don't have to act so happy about it," she said. Wilson sighed and said,

"I know, I know. But I'm sure your mother will be an excellent houseguest, in some universe." Lucia gave him a look.

"Don't even think about it. You know she can't stand you," I said. Wilson chuckled.

"She's just mad that I'm the one who got to take you away from her," he said.

I smiled and said, "Yeah, that's probably it." Wilson looked around the room again and said, "Well, there's a lot to do. Let's get to it!" Lucia groaned.

"Ugh, I hope this is over soon. I can't wait for her to leave," she said. Wilson laughed. "Don't worry, it won't last forever. We'll just have to make the most out of it. She's also not even there"

"Why are you so mad Lucia? I thought you would be happy to see your Abuela?" I asked.

She grumbled, "Well, not when being refused to talk to is on the line."

"I'm sure she doesn't mean it, Lucia. Now are you planning to help or stand there?" I added. After an hour, the room was spotless. I sighed in relief. Wilson did too.

"Lunch?" I asked.

"I'll have a club sandwich,"

"Lucia?"

"I'll have whatever he has," she muttered. I nodded my head and proceeded to the kitchen.

"Tomatoes?"

"Sure...but not grape tomatoes," Wilson responded. I glanced over at Lucia.

"Still having whatever he has." She mumbled. I sighed and turned back to Wilson. "Fine, just regular tomatoes then." He smiled and nodded. I continued to make their sandwiches.

"Do you want the bread toasted?"

"I don't know Kendall! Just make the sandwich. What is with all the questions?" Wilson snapped.

"Oh! I'm sorry you didn't tell me how or what you wanted on your sandwich! I spat back. Wilson took a deep breath and softened his voice.

"Just make the sandwich, please," Wilson said calmly. I sighed and gave him the plate with the sandwich and fruit, the same with Lucia. I glared at Wilson for a moment before walking away to get Abigail. She was awake in her crib. I took Abigail back downstairs with Abigail in my arms and fed her a bottle of warm milk. Wilson and Lucia were already eating sandwiches. I couldn't help but notice Lucia feeding Bentley grapes.