Chapter 7|

I rolled my eyes and walked to my room and put my things in the closet. I turned to see him standing in the doorway with a smirk on his face. He was right, my closet was full of clothes and accessories I had collected over the years. I shook my head and put the sunglasses on the shelf. I closed the closet door and changed.

"Dinner?" I asked as I finished changing. He nodded and we left the room.

"I want paella!" Lucia

"Don't have seafood for that."

"Chicken and vegetables," Wilson suggested.

"Sounds decent, I'll start cooking soon."

I walked to the kitchen and started dinner. I prepped the ingredients and put them in the pan. I stirred the vegetables and chicken in the pan and added spices. I could smell the aroma of dinner being cooked, and I couldn't wait to eat.

"Lucia set the table and get your sister."

Lucia nodded and walked to the kitchen to set the table. She grabbed the plates, forks, and spoons from the cupboard and arranged them neatly on the table. She then went to get Abigail who was sleeping. Lucia returned holding Abigail and handed her to Wilson. She walked away.

"Lucia come back here, I'm almost finished with dinner."

Lucia returned to the kitchen. She helped Wilson finish setting the table and bringing out the food. Lucia didn't say a word and Wilson didn't either. They both sat down to eat. Wilson was relieved to have Lucia back in the kitchen, but he could feel the tension in the air. They ate in silence. I sighed and broke the silence.

"Wilson, did you cheat?"

"Cheat? In what?"

"Polo,"

"Maybe," he mumbled.

"Ah, ha! I knew it and you lied!" Lucia yelled.

"You can't lie to me. I'll always figure it out. This isn't over!" Lucia said satisfied.

"Obviously not," Wilson mumbled while rolling his eyes.

"Guess what," Lucia whispered.

"What?"

"I win," Lucia said still whispering. She smiled mischievously.

"I am tired of being bullied by our ten-year-old daughter. Kendall! Do something!" Wilson whined.

Lucia's face lit up when she heard Wilson's plea. She was delighted to see him finally standing up for himself. I smiled while Wilson stormed off to the bedroom. Lucia rushed after Wilson, eager to hear what he had to say. I followed them, content to watch the situation unfold. Whatever happened, I knew it was going to be interesting.

"OUT LUCIA, I'M FED UP WITH YOU!" Wilson yelled. Lucia laughed.

"Lucia stop antagonizing your father. Though it is funny you have pushed it too far."

"Fine," she said as she returned to the dinner table. I shook my head and laughed.

"She knows your soft spot." Shocked you didn't cry"

"Very funny." He said as I walked away.

"Lucia put your pajamas on."

"Yes, Mom."

Lucia walked to her room and I walked to mine. Wilson was still moping on the bed when I saw him. I changed into my pajamas and received a smile from Wilson. I was about to lie on the bed but heard Abigail cry. I got up to check on her. She lay in her crib wide awake. I picked her up and held her, and she drifted back to sleep. I placed her back in the crib and kissed her forehead. I tucked her in and returned to my bed.

"Come on Wilson, you still can't be upset."

"I'm not."

"Oh yeah?"

"Well, prove it," I said with a smirk. While leaning in the doorway. Wilson looked at me challengingly and said,

"Come here! Let's put your challenge to the test!" He grabbed me and pulled me onto him, straddling him. I let out a gasp of surprise. He kissed me passionately and I noticed my heart racing. I could feel his hands exploring my body, and I knew I was lost in the moment. We stayed like that for what felt like an eternity, until I finally broke away from the kiss and grabbed a button on his shirt to undo it. I heard the door to our bedroom creak open and I quickly got off Wilson and jumped away. I looked back at him just in time to see his face turn red with anger.

"Lucia!" He yelled. "What did I tell you about barging into my room without knocking?!"

Lucia stood in the doorway, her eyes wide with shock. She looked from me to Wilson, her face pale. "I'm sorry," she stammered, her voice trembling.

"I just came to say goodnight." Wilson pointed an accusing finger at her.

"You know better than that," he said, his voice full of anger. "Now go back to your room." Lucia nodded and quickly scurried out of the room. I could hear her footsteps as she ran down the hallway. Wilson turned to me, his eyes still blazing with anger.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I should have known better than to let that happen."

I shook my head and smiled. "It's okay," I said. "Let's forget about it and go to bed." Wilson nodded and walked over to the bed. He changed into his pajamas and got into bed. I lay down beside him and put my arm around him. We stayed there for a few moments, in comfortable silence.

"I can't do this" He mumbled while sitting up.

"What?" He didn't answer and walked to the staircase. He walked down to the art studio. I followed him soon after.

"It's late Wilson."

"So be it." He mumbled as he pulled out watercolors and pencils. I looked out of the window and saw the horse stable, then the tennis courts.

"It's late, go to bed, Kendall."

"You should too,"

"Kendall..." he said sternly. I sighed and walked back up the stairs. I was tired but wanted to stay with Wilson. I brushed it off and returned to bed. I fell asleep but woke up a few hours later to find Wilson sleeping next to me. I smiled and drifted back to sleep. The next morning, I woke up and took Abigail for a bath. As soon as I finished bathing her, I put her in her baby swing.

"Lucia!" I called. Typically Lucia would answer right away. There was no answer. I called her name again but still no response. I got up and started looking for her. I looked in her room and noticed the patio doors were open, and her pajamas were lying on the bed. I walked out to the patio and saw Lucia taking her horse for laps.

"Typical Lucia," I whispered. I soon noticed Bentley chasing her horse. I returned to my room and heard Wilson in the bathroom. I decided to lay back down on the bed. When he came out he walked over to me and smiled then propped my legs up. Then Lucia knocked on the door. Wilson opened it.

"Quinn is coming over, in about 30 minutes. Please get dressed. Here is Abigail." Lucia said as she gave Wilson Abigail.

"You just saw him last week," I replied.

"Yes, and you decided to have a baby. He's also my best friend so, why not spend time with him," Lucia muttered sarcastically.

"Fair enough, What are you going to do?"

"Polo, and I'm sure he won't cheat."

"OUT!" Wilson yelled.