Chapter 4| Pasta

Sophia came back and turned on the white noise. Slowly Abigail stopped crying. We all sighed softly. I looked back at Wilson with tears in my eyes and walked away. He followed me. I didn't pay him any mind and continued to our bedroom.

"What Wilson?"

"Why are you following me?" I mumbled.

"No reason. Just making sure you are okay."

"Sure, when do you check on me to see if I am okay?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Okay."

I stepped into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I wasn't sure where this was heading. I heard small pitter-patters and footsteps near the door. I heard Bentley lying next to the door.

"What now?"

"Sophia is gone."

So?"

"So come out," Wilson replied.

I stood up from the other side of the door and opened it. I looked at Wilson with annoyance. My face became flushed red.

"Come sit, you will be fine. I'm sure."

"I can't handle crying. There has to be something to stop her crying."

"I'm sure we can figure something out."

Wilson got up and left the dark room. I soon followed him.

"Now you follow me?"

"What do you want for dinner, Wilson?"

"Let's get pasta."

"Pasta is odd, let's get soup!" Lucia said.

"No pasta!" Wilson argued.

"Fine!"

"Okay?" I mumbled.

It was odd, pasta didn't seem desirable at the moment. I ordered it anyway. After I did that, I walked back into the room and sat on the ottoman. I was restless, so I did something productive. I walked into the bathroom and took a shower. The hot water felt pleasant running down my hair and back. I soon realized that I always wore my hair straight. I felt my hair grow twice as large.

"Damn it," I thought.

I didn't feel like doing my hair all over, nor did I have time to. I hopped out and wrapped a towel around me. I tied my hair up while I was at it. There was an opening and closing of the door, which I assumed was the pasta being delivered. I walked into the living room.

"Is the pasta here?" I asked. Wilson stared at me. He was speechless.

"You're in your towel," Wilson mumbled while looking back at Lucia.

"So? What does that have to do with anything?"

"You're not wearing clothes," he said.

I rolled my eyes and replied,

"That's none of your business."

He shrugged and said, "Fair enough." while pouring coffee.

I still looked at him and he still looked at me. Soon he put down his cup of coffee and walked over. He came close and pulled me closer. I smiled. He rests his hands on my waist.

"Put some clothes on." He whispered.

My smile faded and I rolled my eyes. I reached for my pajama shirt. I put it on without saying a word, then grabbed my pants and pulled them on. I looked at him and he smiled back. I was a bit annoyed, but it doesn't matter. I checked on Abigail in her room. She was finally awake. I smiled and headed to the kitchen for dinner.

"What kind of pasta did you get?" Wilson asked.

"Ziti," I muttered

"I hope it tastes good, " He said. "I'm starving," he added.

"Then you'll eat," I said.

"What is the problem now?"

"I wanted to have fun."

"Later."

"Now!"

"I'll save it for later since I wasn't that hungry anyway," I assured Wilson.

"Sure," Wilson replied while walking back to our room.

I sped ahead of him and plopped onto the bed. Wilson entered the bathroom and got into the shower. I picked up a book and read for a bit. I heard the shower turn off and Wilson emerge from the bathroom.

"You're not in good shape," I mumbled.

"I'm sorry?" Wilson snapped.

"Out!" He added.

"Since when do you not get dressed while I'm here?" I questioned.

"Since now,"

"Well, I'm not leaving."

I sat up and walked to the nursery. I quietly poked my head over the crib. Abigail was awake and looked up at me.

"Why are you awake?" I asked with a smile.

I scooped her up and glanced at the clock. It was 9 on the dot. I walked holding Abigail to the kitchen and pulled a bottle from the refrigerator. Abigail cooed as I put the bottle in the microwave and set the timer. We waited quietly for a few minutes before the bottle was warm and ready. I grabbed it and we returned to her room, where I fed her the bottle before putting her in her crib. She smiled and drifted off to sleep, wrapping her arms around her small stuffed animal. I kissed her forehead and watched her until I was sure she was sleeping soundly before turning off the light and closing the door. I walked back to the bedroom and sat down on the bed.