Start the day right

Yujin's POV:

I woke up around four in the morning, out of habit from years of training with Starfish. There was nothing to do right now as I decided to be on a rebellious streak. So, I got up from Wonyoung's soft bed and started to prepare breakfast. The first Wednesday that I was out of training and I am here at Wonyoung's place, being a domesticated partner to her. It was something I wished to do for her, no matter if it was a small thing in her grand scale of living life. To get to prepare for her a breakfast worthy of a Queen. Her fridge was fully stacked compared to last Monday when we first got back from the Chuseok Holidays. One of her household helpers may have stacked the fridge for her. I was glad that she had healthy food options available. She was so scarcely thin and was often seen snacking at school. Chocolate bars, jellies and bread are abundant when she's at school. She also has these packs of zero calorie and zero fat chips and snacks with her. Protein things that she liked to snack on as opposed to eating healthily. I started to whip up Gyeranmari, Braised Potatoes, Yukgaejang, vegetable stir-fry and other banchan. Leftover rice from last night was turned into Kimchi Bokkeumbap. Soon, the aroma of breakfast filled the kitchen, prompting the Queen of the House to saunter over to the Kitchen. A lovely half asleep smile plastered on her face, she back hugged me and placed her chin down on my shoulder, placing a kiss on the side of my neck.

"Good morning, Daddy. Thank you for breakfast." She whispers to me sleepily.

"Good morning Princess, please have a seat, I'll get your breakfast served in no time." I replied to her.

She breaks free from the back hug and sits at a stool. She watched me as I served her food. I started on her coffee a little while ago before she woke up. I saw her drink a Vanilla Latte yesterday so I made it for her using her already half finished Vanilla Syrup, Almond Milk and Ground Coffee. She has a fully functional coffee machine, lucky I had a part time summer job as a barista prior to seriously training for Starfish. That was two summers ago and I had a blast doing that. I served her coffee last, Iced Vanilla Latte and she smiled a beautiful smile at me.

"What can't you do? Seriously, Daddy. You don't have to do all this. I can prepare our meals and even have time to pack our lunches." She replied smiling.

"We can take turns, Princess. Today is my turn and then tomorrow it's your turn." I replied to her and smiled.

Before taking a seat beside her. I went ahead and picked some banchan over her bowl. She lovingly took her chopsticks and started to eat. 

"It's been a while since I had a proper home cooked meal, Daddy. I'm afraid I'd get used to this." She replied sweetly to me.

"I'll always cook your meals, whether we end up together for the rest of our lives or not." I replied to her.

It was a realistic forecast for us both. Especially since there was no guarantee to what our future held for us. What awaited our future and what would become of us in the long run. I was aware that I can't always have her in my life and that we might break up for good or perhaps an accident that will lead us to forgetting what we shared. It scared me of what our future held, imagining one of us could fall out of love or forget the other one was a scary thought. 

"Thank you, Daddy. But I'd rather say, we'll stick it out. Come what may, we can last. Trust me, Daddy." She replied to me and punctuated the statement with a kiss.

She tasted like strawberries and cream, her lips were colored the same, even while asleep or just woken up, she was always pretty. The way her lips always curved up in a secret smile, whenever she kissed me. As if there was a secret only she knows about. She was the sun, a light that filled my dark nights, she easily puts color in my days, filling it with all the positivity I could muster up for myself. I have been living recently with a practiced and choreographed smile. Because of the hopelessness I felt and tried to drown by making friends. I've been living a mundane life, filled with choreographed movements, a robotic and systematic way of living. I smiled into the kiss, matching hers and I thought I could get used to this, everything about her just makes me want to live freely. When it started, I'm not sure either. It could be that in the first instance she invited me over to do the report with a sense of finality in her voice which came off more like a command rather than a request. I didn't see anything wrong about it, so I went with her. Riding her luxurious Black BMW with Candy Pink Interiors like the ones that surrounded us at her place. First step through the door, an homage to the homeowner, there was no denying this was her place, lined up against the wall were sultry and tasteful shots of her silhouette, I knew it was her with the way her body curved and her hair cascaded to her back. Then another shot of her looking back at the camera, mouth half open, beckoning you to do things to her and her pretty little mouth. Things that are unspeakable and sinful, things that no one should know about. It titillates your fantasies and imagination, framed against the walls were a series of monochromatic photos, all about Wonyoung, her beauty, her sultriness and her just smiling widely, some in color and some in monochrome, some even looked like they were taken using film. In fact, everywhere you look, there are framed photos of her and whoever took these photos was lucky enough to see and capture her captivating beauty. I began to wonder if I should just switch to Photography briefly; I entertained these thoughts upon seeing her photos. She pulls away eventually and smiles at me, her eyes forming crescent moons.